General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

phone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Dec 2013 16:20

Help.... when i get a call on my landline, i aswer but then my phone go's dead. when i make a call, before they speak, again my phone go's dead Tried E.mailing BT faults & i lose Broardband. Is the line at fault or my phone at fault? do'se anybody know.

McB

McB Report 8 Dec 2013 16:27

Got another phone you could plug in & try ? or borrow one.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2013 16:28

Does your phone have a battery? could that need recharging or a new battery?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Dec 2013 16:31

Whilst not professing to know much about phone lines, the first thing I'd do is to plug in a 'wired' phone and try that..........or borrow a neighbours if you are already using one/don't have one.

If your broadband plays up intermittently, one would assume that the line is at fault.

Get the phone line checked out first

If you have a mobile phone, then ring them up. They can do a line check there and then and call you back.
What are the ways to report a fault?
You can report a fault online or by phone:

Residential customers call:
For free on a BT line 151
For free on a non-BT line 0800 800 151
From a mobile 800 800 151 (there may be a charge)

BT Broadband problems (from our personal phone book)
0800-111-4567

Yes, you will get through to India, but even so they are pretty good once they've gone through the normal fault finding.