General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A win/win situation!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Dec 2013 08:42

Following my recent luck in October on the Lottery and Euromillions, I was lucky again last week.

On Wednesday it was another £25 and on Friday £2.90!

I had recently seen an ad in the tv mag for a lovely padded coat with hood in a bright purply/cerise colour, from Cotton Traders and reduced from £55 to £27.50. I kept wondering whether to treat myself and send off for it but wasn't sure what size I would need. Once I had won the money I phoned through to order and asked about the sizing and if I would have to pay to return item if it didn't fit. There was also a £3.99 postage charge.

The woman said they did have a couple left in either size I wanted, but that there was an outlet for C.T. in our area. Turned out it was at a local garden centre so I phoned them and they had one in the larger size which they put aside for me.

Yesterday I picked it up, it's a perfect fit, very nice and warm and a lovely colour (bilberry with a navy lining and hood liner etc.) I am so pleased with it and happy that it cost me nothing and no postage either, just a little bit of petrol and I had 40p over to help with that lol

Keeping my fingers crossed for even more luck, then I can help lots of my pals out.

Lizx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 10 Dec 2013 08:46

A lovely Christmas gift for yourself :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Dec 2013 08:47

Not 'arf Sue, am well chuffed!

Lizx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 10 Dec 2013 08:56

*Like* :-D

Wend

Wend Report 10 Dec 2013 09:10

Sounds lovely Liz - well done :-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 10 Dec 2013 10:04

That's really great Liz, "gud on ya girl".

If you remember about 3 weeks ago you prompted me to have a go on the lottery, and I won £107, still got the winning ticket not claimed it yet. :-D

Seeing this, and having a brill result over an attempted burglary at ours last week, you have now prompted me once again to have another go on this weeks lottery.

Ya got to ride Lady Luck once you`re sat in the saddle, aintcha just.
:-D :-D :-D

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 10 Dec 2013 12:47

Coat sounds lovely Liz....Can I have pinch some of your luck :-D

Jules x <3

kandj

kandj Report 10 Dec 2013 12:49

Great news Liz....... so pleased for you. Gxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Dec 2013 08:00

Thanks, folks.

BR, no luck last evening but I never give up hope! You should cash your ticket in, before it goes missing and definitely get another ticket this week. Good luck comes in threes, I think and I certainly had my multiples recently.

Jules, sending some luck your way and to anyone else who wants some!

Mind you, last night was rubbish, no numbers at all lol

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Dec 2013 08:15

Well done :-D It sounds lovely... nice and bright to cheer you up on dull winter days.

We also had a lotto "win" last night........ $15.20........ it cost us $25 :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Dec 2013 10:19

Obviously a work in progress then Scozz lol Better luck next time.

Would you believe it? I got another £25 from Weds draw!

My luck has been good since the new higher charges were brought in for the lottery and altho it costs more I am still in profit at the mo lol

Best of luck to us all for tonight's Euromillions draw.

Lizx

kandj

kandj Report 13 Dec 2013 10:57

Great news Liz. We should start calling you Lady Luck. Enjoy it while it lasts. xx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 13 Dec 2013 13:40

HI LIZ
I LIKE COTTON TRADERS TOO,
WENT TO GARDEN CENTER THIS MORNING
THEY HAVE A NICE KNITTED DUFFLE COAT
MIGHT KEEP AN EYE ON IT AS THEY DO GOOD ONE OFF REDUCTIONS.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Dec 2013 08:27

You should, Gwen, their things are always worth buying if there are reductions, I wouldn't have paid £55 for the coat as I didn't need it that much but have sorted some older ones out that I don't wear now so will pass them on to a friend who collects them for her church to donate to needy people. I did take one in September that I hadn't worn in ages.

Lizx