General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your 1st grown up meal out.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 13 Dec 2013 18:08

Can you remember it and how old was you ?

I don´t mean lunch in cafe´s but a genuine restaurant posh meal type thing.

Can you also remember your 1st romantic meal ?

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Dec 2013 20:11

I remember going to the pictures on my first date at fourteen.

Aftewards he took me to an indian restaurant by the bus station at Bognor and ordered egg and chips twice.

He ate his egg with his knife.

It kind of set the tone for my social life.

Wend

Wend Report 13 Dec 2013 21:23

Yes, a restaurant called 'Verbanellas' in Notting Hill (long before it became 'fashionable'.) I was 19 and he was 36. I had avocado with a plain oil/vinegar dressing for a starter - I had never heard of it, let alone eat it, and I loved it.

Still love avocadoes - the boyfriend went and is now possibly dead (sad, because he was a nice bloke and asked me to marry him.)

Happy memories though <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Dec 2013 22:30

When I was 16 my boyfriend now my OH was in the RN and used to eating in restaurants, he took me to a small local restaurant called Corbetts cafe and we had steak, egg, mushrooms and chips. I had never had steak or mushrooms, it was not what my Mum would cook. :-)