General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Minx and her new meds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Dec 2013 18:45

well she has gone 31 days without a fit but she has spent half of that hunched up in pain because of hip dysplasia. So where am I what do I do?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Dec 2013 19:00

I have also had a pain killers for her

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Dec 2013 19:06

I will not keep her doped from pain because I want to keep her alive. I have always known that Minx will go 1st and I have already guessed that it will be my choice. When I think that my baby no longer has a life then I willl sadly take her to the vets

But today she was good and only cried once about her hip

Jane

Jane Report 14 Dec 2013 19:37

Oh Bless her Uzzi
How old is Minx?It is an awful time when we realise time is up for our beloved pets.They can't tell us how they they feel or how much pain they are in.I had to make the dreaded decision at Easter to say Goodbye to my lovely old boy Chester.It is just the pits ,but you know when the time has come.
Hopefully you will not have to face that dilemma for some time yet <3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Dec 2013 19:42

hi

I guess you have been here tho' worth reading again

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesandconditions/a/CW-CatArthritisTreatment.htm

they are such brave creatures
<3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Dec 2013 20:20

Jane Minx is so young she is only 9yrs but unlike her 12yr old sis who has a new life since we moved. Minx seems to have aged, her epilepsy was always getting worse and her hip now is a problem in the cold.
I cry each day for her. I would not keep her alive if I thought her life was wrong and I know with her I am going to have to make a choice, thankfully it isn´t just yet.
Crying just at the thought of having to put her down. She is my baby, but I won´t let her suffer

Wend

Wend Report 14 Dec 2013 22:23

(((Hugs))) Uzzi <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Dec 2013 22:29

Sending you a big ((((((hug)))))) because we know that you will do what is best for her and that the decision will be so hard for you. <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Dec 2013 06:35

Poor Minx, it's sad that she has such problems with her hips. What about if she wore a dog jacket that covers her hips, or took codliver oil tablets, would that help at all? I am suffering a lot in the cold damp weather with my dodgy knees and ankles but thankfully my hip isn't too painful at the mo. Can understand what Minx is going through tho.

I am glad the meds seem to be blocking the fits and hope she will cope with her other problems ok so you can have her with you a while longer yet.

Lizxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Dec 2013 19:01

3rd time lucky AS I have had 2 previous replies zapped into cyber space.
Liz I have bought her a jumper but getting her into it is hard work because of the leg balance, and bless her she has twice nose butted the pavement trying to get up kerbs when the back leg gave out.
I am a little worried about her latest which is if we walk into a room she leaves it and for a very kissy, full on dog is strange especially as she still cuddles on the bed at night.

And that has made me think about light !!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Dec 2013 17:40

Not sure about your last comment Uzzi!

One of my brother's wolfhounds had a sort of stroke and lost the use of his rear end, but after lengthy and expensive treatment at the Animal hospital near Cambridge? the dog came home again and managed quite well for some time altho brother had to do some unpleasant tasks to help certain bodily functions happen. I will have to ask him how he helped with the loss of mobility in the back legs and let you know.

I hope Minx will cope and you too

Lizxx