General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems with site.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 15 Dec 2013 08:10

Hello I am having trouble accessing pages on genesreunited with my laptop. The error code 503 .0 service unavailable keeps popping up. I can access it on my iphone with no problems. Does anyone have any tips how to remedy this? Thanks in advance

Lee

Lee Report 15 Dec 2013 08:41

Yes I had the same problem,,,,logged out and then logged back in , problem solved

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 15 Dec 2013 08:52

I have tried that. I can log in on my daughters laptop too. I have deleted my cookies and browsing history from my laptop and still cant log in

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2013 09:12

This is a widespread problem caused by the recent update on your own computer to IE11. GR have said on other threads that they are trying to sort it out from their end.

In the meantime, the following seems to resolve the problem

Click the Tools icon (or Alt + X) - the cog shaped one top right of your screen

Click Compatibility View settings in the drop down list

Add the Genes Reunited website - genesreunited.co.uk

It would SO helpful if GR would add a stickied thread to all Boards as an interim measure!!