General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

not a good time

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Dec 2013 16:48

for the central heating boiler to refuse to come on. Good job it is reasonably mild. plumber/gas man coming tomorrow. Boiler is due servicing in the New year so he'll probably bring that forward. Extra fleece on tonight.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 16 Dec 2013 18:52

Oh what a pain!

Stay warm and cosy, rosy Ann.

<3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Dec 2013 19:06

Ann you have my sympathys. Our boiler decided to start playing up last week too. 3 radiators remain stone cold and it fails to boost for an hour whenever we want extra heat!!

Our plumber came on friday and said a valve plus something else had gone. So parts are costing £130.00 plus labour and like you its overdue for a service which is another £70. Its so amazing, you work extra hours(my oh did last 2 weeks) to help with xmas and something always seems to swallow it up, never fails does it?

I hope you get your heating sorted soon. The temp up here last week was 11 degress but today only 3 so quite chilly outside(and in).

So glad i have an open fire.

Take care
Florence
in the hebrides :-)

Wend

Wend Report 16 Dec 2013 19:48

Aw Ann - hope it's sorted out tomorrow. Better now than next week though.

Pop yourself into a onesie to keep the draughts out ;-) :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2013 00:09

Ooooh Noooo.
You have my sympathy.
It may be mild - but it's WET :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2013 09:13

Actually we did manage in the end to get it to come on, by which time I was in several layers Lol!!!

Plumber will come and look at it today but it is working this morning so hopefully it will just have got its brain scrambled.

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Dec 2013 09:23

I will always come round and give you huggles Ann :-) <3 Hope its sorted for you <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2013 10:11

Huggles would keep me warm Mersey :-D

Plumber is here at the mo (*gritting teeth as he trudges up and down stairs on the new carpet :-D) He is servicing the boiler and checking everything out. He is very reliable, and was here earlier than he said because his first visit was to an old fellow of over 80 whose tap wouldn't turn on/off. He squirted it with WD40 (no charge).

While here he had a look at the immersion heater OH was worried about as it had residue on the cap at the top. He said 'no problem'. And he will check out a leak under the kitchen sink.