General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scrooge is Alive and Well...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 17 Dec 2013 13:49

....and running Meadows Primary School in Birmingham.
Because 6 year old Alfie normally takes a packed lunch to school he was banned from having a Christmas Dinner and was left to eat his sandwiches whilst his little mates enjoyed the cooked meal. The school said that there was not enough room to accommodate pupils who normally ate sandwiches. The child is six years old for crying out loud how much room does he take up?

That's my nomination for Scrooge of the year, anyone seen any others?
:-( :-P

Joeva

Joeva Report 17 Dec 2013 14:37

My nomination goes to .................................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2522496/Vicar-tells-children-young-Santa-doesnt-exist.html

:-( :-| :-(

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 17 Dec 2013 14:40

Oh Joeva - what an absolute idiot. Some of the children are only 5 years old, I see he is retiring soon....not before time. Hope the parents can tell the little ones that the vicar is just jealous because he is on Santa's naughty list for telling fibs about him

Joeva

Joeva Report 17 Dec 2013 15:41

Yes Staffs Col, let the kids have the magic of childhood for as long as possible.

What next ? Dentists telling them the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist !!

;-)

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 17 Dec 2013 15:53

What are you trying to tell me? it doesn't :-0 :-0

Joeva

Joeva Report 17 Dec 2013 16:08

:-D Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever: from my good friend Tinker Bell <3

;-)