General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How alike are me and OH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 17 Dec 2013 21:12

He went to buy a new dressing gown a few weeks ago, so I gave him an early xmas pressie. Today it came to my notice he was about to buy a new kindle so I had to stop him yep another xmas pressie boosted. Mind I did the same to him last year when I got my kindle early to stop me buying one.

So seeing as he has or has bought all that he wants I am going to buy him socks and underwear to open xmas day !!!

I also have my pressie´s as I was going to buy an halogen cooker, and then a steam mop ...Mind he did give me a pressie as he bought me 2 stone dragons but sadly for him he had to buy them whilst I was there because he wouldn´t be able to be able to get back otherwise.

Not bad for a couple who say no presents :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Dec 2013 01:28

Uzzi

the same has happened to me on occasion!

Or there is the other variant, which I think is even more annoying .....................

OH comes home 2 weeks before Christmas with a new electric razor, or whatever .................... not previously having mentioned that he needed one, just "I saw it in the store and realised mine was getting past it"

Meanwhile, I'd been scratching around trying to find something to buy him!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Dec 2013 01:58

Sylvia, that's just typical isn't it? My o.h. is so hard to buy for, so I get what I can so he has pressies to open. He needs a new backpack for work, for when he takes the car - he has pannier bags for his bike so uses those otherwise - but I have been hoping he forgot he wanted one and it will be a surprise.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Dec 2013 03:56

Hi Liz

All I can say, is .......................

MEN!

:-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Dec 2013 17:49

Absolutely Sylvia lol!

Apologies for abrupt end to previous post last night, o.h. came down as he couldn't sleep and wanted to use his ipad, but said he had problems so would I get off the internet like Now! He's not in a good place at the mo, very anxious (see my post on Chris' thread asking where I am) so to humour him I logged off straightaway but couldn't get back online again, and he couldn't either.

Took a while today but ok at the mo so am trying to catch up.

He has been out to the bank today and spent two hours wandering around the city trying to find something to buy me. There are lots of things I would like but he doesn't pick up on conversations to hasn't a clue. I told him not to bother (he might be getting me an ipad so that's a big expense for his Christmas budget) and so I will be happy with that, but shows how out of touch he is. The first Christmas we had together he asked me for ideas so I wrote a list to help him, he got me everything on the list! Nothing was very expensive, I wasn't that cheeky but I should have realised then the lack of imagination.

Have had a couple of surprises that were ok, but nothing major to shout about. Why are men so hopeless at getting pressies?

I know, I sound ungrateful but......

Lizx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Dec 2013 19:05

Liz

If I give my OH a list, I get everything on that list .......... not because he's unimaginative, but because he figures that if I've written it down I must really want it, and he is so generous to me that he wants to give me everything I want.

so I also have to be careful!

This year we are supposed to be giving each other a joint present (small binoculars), and only that ............... and that was because we almost literally have anything we might need ................. after all we have been married for 46 years!

He is in charge of getting them ........................ but also keeps making comments about wanting to get me something else.

I haven't got anything else for him!

He's bought me some lovely presents over the years, especially jewelry

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2013 04:48

I am glad you have had lovely things to treasure over the years Sylvia and that you are being sensible over this year's pressie. If you can't get out and get a little extra gift for o.h. why not make him a cheque book of promises (don't panic lol) You make a little booklet like a cheque book and write cheques to say that you will do,say, all the washing up for a week or some chore that he doesn't like or that you normally share, or another that you and he will go out to something specific together, like a visit to somewhere or a nice walk, and little things like that. You can make it as funny or practical as you want, I am sure he would like it for the effort put in and the promises to come each month or whenever and it will make him smile too.

Have a lovely Christmas together anyway and don't fight over the binoculars.

I got my o.h. some of those one year as he had mentioned seeing some in a shop when he went to get something for his camera. I also bought an inexpensive book of birds to help him identify newcomers to the garden or where ever he went using the binoculars, he was very pleased with the present. I expect your o.h. already knows most of the birds around you tho, o.h. wasn't so knowledgeable.

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2013 04:50

Uzzi, what a pair you are, a bit of telepathy going on if you ask me!

Lizxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 19 Dec 2013 17:38

lol Liz, it isn´t telepathy but just knowing what we both want *sighs* I have had fun with my steam mop today mind :-D
Trouble with buying for OH is he wants so little and often what he would like is electronic which I alas are useless about.

I have got one fantastic idea because before we left the UK I bought him a fantastic pair of leather slipper boots from Brighton. Now I just have to find something similar as he does miss them. gawd they were so expensive then :-0