General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Private Family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Walter

Walter Report 18 Dec 2013 14:22

I am using a private family tree table, and want to know if there is an easy quick way to transfer my genes tree to my private tree. I will of course be keeping my Genes tree for searching.
Walter Shearer

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Dec 2013 15:52

If by "private" you mean that it's on your home computer, and it is a commercial programme you are using, then you can transfer your Genes tree by Gedcom.

If you point your cursor at Family Tree above and select Export Gedcom, your tree will be sent to you as an email. You can then put it on your private tree.

Walter

Walter Report 18 Dec 2013 17:08

Thank you for those kind words, I am a casual user of the computer, mostly genes, e-mail, and free games, I will follow your advice.