General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone see Purple Diamond?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 18 Dec 2013 16:11

just seems ages since I saw a posting

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 18 Dec 2013 16:26

She posted yesterday, Chris :-) BC XX

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 18 Dec 2013 16:28

Thanks must have missed her.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Dec 2013 17:24

I am about Chris, but have had lots of problems with computer, it keeps freezing up and I can't get back on line. Also have problems with o.h.. he is very depressed and not coping well, so I am having to deal with his constant anxieties and him waking often in the night, coming down to disturb me.

It's why I haven't followed through with the thing I wanted to do but will see if I can move forward with that in the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday we went to see his son and the grandchildren (d.i.l. was at work). It's a train journey away and we went out to eat afterwards to save me cooking when I got in and to make it more of an occasion. O.h. has the week off work to use up holiday entitilement, not the bext week to choose as I would have been doing all my last minute stuff for Christmas but I had no choice in the matter, he just booked it so am having to fit lots in and will have to catch up with cleaning and parcels etc when he works overtime at the weekend and on Monday. Not the way I wanted it but will just have to deal with it.

My head's not my own at the mo as he is having lots of memory lapses which worries me, he won't see the doctor and I have to keep writing him notes or reminding him of things to do or what he has said etc. Yesterday he went to get the train tickets while I went to the platform to see if the train was still there, we had hit every red light going so were cutting it fine. We missed the train by a minute, in fact the station clock still said midday but the train must have gone a few seconds early. We faffed around for an hour on the station, and then went to get the next train only to find o.h. had not got me a ticket!!! He had to dash back and get mine, good thing we didn't leave that train to the last minute lol I would have been running behind it!

Lizx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 18 Dec 2013 17:34

LIZ HOPE THINGS WILL GET BETTER
LOVE AND BEST WISHES
DIZZ

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Dec 2013 17:56

Thanks Gwen, I am concerned that o.h. is on the way to Alzheimer's and his son seemed worried yesterday, I had already warned him his dad wasn't well and he said he had sensed he was depressed and not the same as before.

He often asks if we have eaten etc and that's the way my late neighbour's hubby started the illness, by repeatedly asking if he had had his breakfast and such. I know I couldn't cope if things got really bad, my own mental health couldn't cope and he already has aggressive outbursts over silly thngs like tv ads and such so I imagine that would get much worse and unsafe.

With one son in the States and the other moving near to London I would have no help from the family.

Lizx

kandj

kandj Report 18 Dec 2013 22:21

Keep your chin up Liz..... sending hugs right now. xx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 18 Dec 2013 22:48

Liz, you have plenty on your plate now, just take care. <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 18 Dec 2013 23:06

Liz...
Get him to the doctor if you can as there is medication that can delay the onset of dementia.
My ex neighbour has Alzheimer's .I noticed this about 10 years ago when he used to pop in for a coffee and talk to OH...at the time he lived on his own,but he remarried about 4 years ago and his new wife took over and she takes him to memory clinic ,singing , exercises etc ,he now has a good diet and medication...
OK he repeats himself,but if you talk about the past he is fine.

She has sussed out that when they go away,they always stay in Premier inns as they are all the same,so he is relaxed there..

It may not be dementia,could be a temporary state caused by His accident ,,but would be worth checking...would also help in your compensation case to have him checked.
Im a great believer in not waiting ,you need reassurance to ease your mind.

Hope you don't mind me trying to give advice but don't hold your worry ,it doesn't help your health. <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2013 04:22

Thanks so much everyone, I have told him it would be best to get checked out sooner rather than later but I think he is scared. When at his son's we were discussing the problems with o.h. and I said that I thought he was worried he would be stopped from driving, as he was when he had the bleed on the brain a few years ago. O.h. agreed that was so but his son tried to persuade him that he could get by without driving, whether permanently or temporarily as before.

I will see if his son can talk him into seeing the doctor in the N. Year altho the lad has enough on his plate with moving house in January.

I mentioned on another thread, about his accident, that I have stressed to the solicitor pursuing the claim against the motorist, that o.h. isn't 'right' and she said if the consultant who checked him out recently thought there was a need, he could go to a psychologist so we will see what happens there.

O.h. has always had memory problems, he can tell you who recorded a song from the 70s or similar things but ask him what he was told a week ago and it's long gone!

Thanks again for the support

Lizxx