General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

35 years jail for Ian Watkins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Dec 2013 17:50

Ian Watkins, singer with The Lost Prophets gets 35 years for his abuse of children and the attempted rape of a baby - the mothers of the two of the babies involved, have been given 15 and 17 years - good enough for the scum of the earth

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Dec 2013 17:56

Scum all of them

He had the cheek too to say he only pled guilty to stave of any trial . What he really meant was he didnt want all the truth to be made public.

Wont save him though when he is in jail

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Dec 2013 18:03

apparently he fails to see what all the fuss is about - after all he says, no one got hurt :-S :-S

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Dec 2013 18:19

This must be an exceptional year for Stars & wannabe Stars falling face down off their pedestals.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 18 Dec 2013 18:23

I hope he will never again see the light of day as a free man. A Police officer said
said the details of this case were the worst he had seen in 28 years.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 18 Dec 2013 20:17

He's set to be paroled in 20 years :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Dec 2013 20:20

thought it was more like 28 years time - whichever, he'll never be able to return to his home town of Pontypridd - too small a place and everyone knows him there - he was honoured by the town by having the words of one his songs etched into paving stones in the shopping precinct - these have now been removed

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Dec 2013 20:28

I hope he gets his just deserts in the nick.

He deserves to be shot and I would certainly shoot the Pervert..

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Dec 2013 20:46

there are now ongoing investigations as far afield as the USA - more charges will probably follow - with a bit of luck he'll never get out

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Dec 2013 21:36

Investigations are going on all over the world where he ever palyed with the band right back to when they first appeared on stage.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 19 Dec 2013 01:59

I also hope he gets the 'treatment' in prison although I guess he will be segregated for the complete term.

He doesn't see that he did anything wrong...oh yeah...that's why it took GCHQ boffins to break his internet access encrypted password. Nothing to hide my butt!

As for the two mothers - words fail me :-(

There is now the investigation as to exactly why he wasn't fully investigated in 2008 when a girlfriend reported her suspicions to the police.

Something is very, very wrong in the world.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2013 04:28

The police forces who ignore warnings have a lot to answer for, this has happened in the past I think and it's more than time they were held to account. A little bit of fame can sway someone to ignore warnings and leave children at risk, how pathetic is that?

I cannot bear to read too much about the case, as it makes me feel sick to my stomach and the fact that mothers were so influenced by this evil person is dreadful, how can any mother be so besotted by someone that they will cause this suffering to their children?

I hope all of them get mistreated in prison, the other prisoners will find a way to get at them and make them suffer altho nothing will be as bad as the suffering of the children.

These wicked people should be left to rot in hell or handed over to terrorists who like torturing people.

Liz x

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 19 Dec 2013 07:44

When I read of horrific cases of child abuse such as this, I often think our law makers were wrong to totally abolish the death penalty - Ian Watkins may agree, because although the justice system have handed down their punishment, the inmates of whatever prison he ends up in - will dish out their punishment, a similar fate awaits the two women who were sentenced alongside him :-|

Dermot

Dermot Report 19 Dec 2013 15:46

Filthy, slobbering slovenly villainous fiends.

I wonder how their families are feeling right now! They must have/had a mum & a dad like us all.The unbelievable hurt must be like a lead weight on them too.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Dec 2013 16:19

the parents of Watkins are devastated - stepfather who brought him up is a minister - mother says she'd like to knock him around his cell - however, they are standing by him and hope he can be rehabiitated - a faint hope in my opinion - they have my sympathy

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Dec 2013 18:06

If I had a child who did this - YES I would like to be alone with him and NO - I would not stand by him.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Dec 2013 18:15

He'll and his co-defendants will probably be segregated from the main prison population, for their own safety.

Unfortunately that will mean that Watkins in particular will only be associating with other sexual predators. They will end up reinforcing each other's belief that they did 'nothing wrong'. Its all too easy to pay lip service to the therapists who try to convince them that they are in the wrong, only to revert to their old ways once released.