General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Embarrassing moments.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 18 Dec 2013 17:59

I have just been reading another thread about mortifying Mothers. This caused me to remember two very embarrassing moments when I was younger.

When I was about twenty, I was at a friends sisters wedding reception, there were two rather dishy young men who were trying to chat us up, of course we were playing very cool. During the evening I went to the toilet, as I walked back to my friends, everyone was smiling at me as I went passed. One of the young men leaned forward and whispered " Your dress is tucked in your knickers" . I walked back to the toilets to the sound of Wolf whistles.... Oh the shame of it.

A few years later I was about 25, now married and had a job as PA to the director in the Personnel department. My dear husband brought me an electric toothbrush, one morning I put the toothpaste on the brush and switched it on but there was no toothpaste, I could not waste time looking for it so I set off for work. I travelled on the bus and then walked through the open office, as I walked into my office my boss said "Paula what's that on the back of your head back, I had found the toothpaste. Oh the shame of it.

I bet you have a few to share :-D :-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 18 Dec 2013 18:09

Happens to me every morning Paula - my teef always go walkies. It used to be my profiterol, sorry **********, can't think of the word, but that was qiote a wo;e agp :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 18 Dec 2013 18:26

Lol Wend Have you been on the loopy juice? <3 <3 <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2013 04:56

pmsl at the stories and at our Wend lol

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 Dec 2013 08:45

Have you ever used the loos in a shopping centre............. then realised much later you'd been walking around with toilet paper stuck to your shoe? Not one sheet, but several......... trailing behind.

Not me....!! It happened to a friend of mine.

:-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Dec 2013 13:29

So went to my aunt's funeral ( R.C. )
All went quiet as the priest sprinkled holy water over the coffin ...
My mother chose that moment ( in a loud voice as she is a bit deaf )
"Where's my old stick ? "
All eyes swivel.
"Ah, there it is"
Congregation heaves trying not to laugh.
Mother oblivious.

:-0

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Dec 2013 22:53

I had a new sweater with pockets in the front. I was not until about 11.00 a.m. when I went to put a tissue in my pocket and discovered the pockets were at the back.
Headed for the nearest cloakroom in the offices!

Have also done the knicker one!