General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katharine

Katharine Report 18 Dec 2013 23:20

Hi! I am trying to print my entire tree for my nephew to put on his wall! I have 199 relations but when I go to print it out it prints only 15 random relations. Can anyone help me out? Thanks Kate

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Dec 2013 00:06

Have you followed the instructions from the FAQ?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=272

There is one paragraph which may apply to the problem you have

"We know that some members are having problems printing their trees at the moment, and we're really sorry about this. We're still making a number of improvements to the tree, including the printing function. We have partnered with a professional family tree printing company who will print your tree from as little as £9.95. "

If you do manage to print, I hope your nephew has a large bedroom wall - 199 relations is going to take up an awful lot of A4 paper. :-0

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Dec 2013 10:57

GenesRU tree printing function died after the Long March to azure over a year ago ... now it will only print sections.

By far the cheapest and easiest away around the problem is to export yr tree to a GED file. It will arrive as an e-mail attachment. The contents are text so no virus problem.

Next step is to install one of the many free family history programs. Import the GED file and you will be able to print the tree without fees.

Katharine

Katharine Report 12 Jan 2014 16:42

Thank you so much for your responses. I will check out the GED option!!
Kate