General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exciting challenges for 2014

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 Dec 2013 13:46

From D C Thompson Family History web site ... announcements you may have missed.

Chief Technology Officer appointed at DC Thomson Family History
December 2, 2013 by Myko

Matthew Batchelor new CTO at DC Thomson Family HistoryDC Thomson Family History has announced the appointment of Matthew Batchelor to the new role of Chief Technology Officer. Matthew Batchelor, formerly Group Chief Technology Officer for Technology and Product at Momondo Group will join the business in February 2014. As Chief Technology Officer, Matthew will oversee development of the strategic technology plan for DC Thomson Family History.

Matthew brings over 17 years of technology experience to the role. He began his career at Agora Professional Services and has worked in senior roles with a number of high profile companies including IMG Media, Reuters Breakingviews, SmithBaynes and more recently with Livebookings and Bookatable.com. At Momondo Group, Matthew worked across both the Cheapflights and Momondo websites which together form the international leader in travel search.

DC Thomson Family History Chief Executive Officer Annelies van den Belt said, “Matt brings with him considerable experience of leading multi-disciplinary technology teams and has worked for a number of market leading media and online organisations. “Matt’s role will be to work across our brands, which include findmypast and Genes Reunited, and he will have overall responsibility for our operational solutions. Matt will play a key part of my senior management team and I am delighted to welcome him to the company.” Matthew added, “I am looking forward to joining DC Thomson Family History in this new role. Family History offers many opportunities for the online market and I look forward to working with Annelies and the team in the exciting challenges that lie ahead.”

DC Thomson Family History appoints Chief Customer Officer
November 29, 2013 by Myko

Juliet Bauer New CCO at DC Thomson Family History

DC Thomson Family History has appointed Juliet Bauer to the new role of Chief Customer Officer. Juliet joins from Top Right Group (formerly EMAP) where she is currently Managing Director, Product Management. She takes up the role in February 2014. As Chief Customer Officer, Juliet will be responsible for the company’s brand strategy. She will work on commercial marketing and have responsibility for driving customer engagement and commercial business opportunities.

Juliet has held a number of senior roles in the media, delivering new propositions and improving customer engagement in both B2B and B2C environments. She has worked for national and international companies including News International, Fox News (New York) and Omnicom. During her time at News International Juliet worked on the paid content launch for The Times and The Sunday Times websites and at Top Right Group she was responsible for the launch of data product, WGSN INstock.

DC Thomson Family History Chief Executive Officer Annelies van den Belt said, “It’s a pleasure to announce Juliet’s appointment to my senior management team. “Juliet has a track record of using technology to adapt the customer delivery model reflecting the needs of the digital consumer. I am excited about her contribution to the future success of our business.” Juliet added, “The role at DC Thomson Family History offers me a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team creating products that customers are truly passionate about.”

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Dec 2013 15:21

If I were a current employee of the Brighsolid group, I might be wondering how secure my job is.

As long as the overall budget has been increased, we the end users might see some improvements as far as resolving the IT problems are concerned.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Dec 2013 01:49

could be very interesting!

any bets on how long GR will last as a separate entity??? :-)