General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Mum

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2013 23:15

Was married today in 1934
and sadly died on 30th Dec 1980 aged 70

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2013 23:16

Just hit me, how time flies...........

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Dec 2013 07:34

Christmas must have been a time of real extra celebration for your family until 1981 when you no longer had your Mum with you.

My parents married on 29th December 1945 and the last Christmas. 1989, they were together my father struggled to cope, as with their 44th anniversary soon after, it was bittersweet as we knew he didn't have long to live (lung cancer). He held on till after the anniversary and then went downhill very fast, losing his fight on 23rd January 1990

A funny old time, Christmas, that often holds many different memories to stir our emotions.

Lizx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Dec 2013 09:53

I know the feeling Bob, my parents were also married in 1934, although in august. Mum died a month before their 60th in 1994 and my Dad died on Christmas day 2001. :-)

Joy

Joy Report 24 Dec 2013 14:29

Thinking of you and your Mum.