General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thought I'd been shot!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2013 00:03

Sitting quietly in my abode when I heard a very loud bang!!! gunfire I thought - then quiet. A few minutes later - bang!! and then another one - what's going on I wondered, so I dragged myself out of my chair to investigate - then I remembered - I had put a dish full of chestnuts in the oven to roast and forget about them - they were exploding - even when I took them out of the oven they carried on exploding so I had to cover them with a tea towel!!

My oven and kitchen have the appearance of having been in a snowstorm!!! :-S

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 24 Dec 2013 00:20

whoohoo..hot nuts ;-) *falls off commode*

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 24 Dec 2013 00:24

Oh my word Ann,I bet that scared the living daylights out of you.
Hope your ok.
I heard a big bang earlier on too.
The fencing in the front garden,had been blown right over,and all the slats were flying around.
Poor hubby went out,in the pouring rain,trying to make it more secure in case any of the wood went flying into the road.
Its been pouring down all day.
Did you manage to save any of your chestnuts???? ;-) ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2013 00:53

managed to save some - most are on the walls and ceiling!!! sort of pebble dash :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Dec 2013 02:22

Oh Ann, what a shame. The noise must have scared you, it would have done me.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Dec 2013 08:55

So you now have walnuts?

:-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 24 Dec 2013 08:59

AnnCardiff - I had a similar experience a few years ago when I put some eggs on to boil and forgot I had done so :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Dec 2013 09:28

difficult getting the egg off the ceiling innit?!! ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2013 09:38

glad I'm not the only plonker :-D :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 24 Dec 2013 09:52

Adds new meaning to the phrase "can't even boil an egg" :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Dec 2013 10:31

That happened to me once Ann.
When i opened the oven door i could not believe my eyes!
I pierce them with a knife before i roast them now.

;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2013 10:35

Walnuts - love it LS

piercing them - now you tell me :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Dec 2013 10:41

So your nuts are well and truly roasted Ann ;-) :-D Ihope you have saved some for the New Year!!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Dec 2013 10:41

I also made a tray type contraption with a lid out of chicken wire so that i can put them on top of the bbq.

Cos i'm clever like that!

;-)

You can also pop them in the microwave ........keep your eye on them though!

kandj

kandj Report 24 Dec 2013 10:47

Oh dear that must have been a fright AnnC. I am another who has put eggs on to boil and then forgotten all about them....... not good that. I blame "me age" !!!

Island

Island Report 24 Dec 2013 10:54

I put some chestnuts under the gas grill once, one exploded and put the flame out :-0

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 24 Dec 2013 11:08

Many ears ago when my kids were young, I put chestnuts in the oven too, then they started exploding....so stupid of me, I didn't realise this would happen.One of my children started crying, said there were footsteps in the oven.Lol. I had almost forgotten this incident Ann, thanks for bringing this lovely memory back.

Merlin

Merlin Report 24 Dec 2013 13:11

When you,ve got an open Fire you can use a Proper Chestnut Roaster :-D :-D Like me. ;-)