General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have to apologise to those folks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Dec 2013 02:48

who usually receive a card from me and haven't had one this year.

I went out in the car last evening after o.h. got in from work and what did I find in the glove compartment? A bundle of cards that he was supposed to post for me last week! He has been using the car for work a lot and works near a post office so I asked him to post the cards to make sure they caught the post in good time and to save me walking to the post box.

Doesn't seem much point in posting them now, so will save them for next year, if I put them in a safe place that I can remember.

His memory is getting so bad now, but he won't see the doctor. It's not even worth getting cross with him, I should have asked him if he had posted them and it might have nudged his memory that they were in the car still. I have to write notes for him all the time as he just doesn't take in what is said or can't remember it. Worries the life out of me as I can't see me coping with him if he is dianosed with Alzheimers and gets worse. With one son in NY and the other moving even further away than now, there will be no support from them and his sister's are busy with their own lives and partners.

He is worried I know because he has told me, but can't see that it would be more beneficial to be checked out sooner rather than later. I know his son is concerned as he noticed how his dad was when we visited last week so might talk with him some more after the festivities and get him to contact his dad's doctor, who used to be his doctor too till he moved. Don't want to put too much on him tho as he and his family are moving house in early Jan and the other son's gf is expecting a baby in mid Jan.

Lizx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Dec 2013 07:42

Liz I had to persuade hubby to see the doctor too. He got a bad fluey type thing that went on and on and had a fall over Christmas 2011 so I made an appointment for the docs and went with him.

Fortunately before we went he did agree I could speak to the doc and voice my concerns .He was referred to the hospital and his diagnoses was then given after several months of appointments and tests Bad thing was the wait each time to get appointments that it was 9 months before we got to the results.

Getting him to give up driving was very difficult but it had deteriorated so much so I became a terrible back seat driver when we were out .

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Dec 2013 04:02

Hopefully he will see reason and get checked out soon, I know it's worrying him but it's silly to bury his head in the sand.

It's so bad that there are long waits between appointments, isn't it Shirley? I am glad your hubby agreed to stop driving, I remember you telling us about it at the time.

It's so difficult to have to keep repeating myself or writing notes for him all the time, he can't pick up on anything that's said and forgets silly things. MInd you, he has since I have known him had a bad memory and dreadful sense of direction, we go the same way to Sheringham every time we visit which is often, yet last week he asked me why I was taking the route I was. If he drives I have to direct him all the time even to places he's been to dozens of times before, and around the city that he grew up in so it's usually much easier for me to drive, but I won't do it if I am feeling fatigued.

Heyho, what will be, will be!

Lizx