General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If Your Dog Barks: Listen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 25 Dec 2013 16:26

(S)he's probably trying to tell you something.
Our carer's dog woke them up at 03.30 the other morning barking & pawing at the front door.
They eventually got him settled down again.
At 06.30 their neighbour's son (20) went out to find that his pride and joy car that he'd been saving up years for was missing.
He and his parents and siblings were heartbroken.
I hope they catch the theiving bas**rds and lockthem up for a very long time!

Linda

Linda Report 25 Dec 2013 20:40

My cousin is a widow living on her own with her little yorkie, one night last spring little bella was yapping to go out in the garden so cousin got out of bed and let her out when she had finished let her in and then they went back to bed, but bella kept on yapping at the bedroom door so cousin went to have a look and found a man trying to break in he had already broke the window in the back door. My cousin called out her late husbands name to call the police and he ran off. I'm glad to say the police caught him and he is now in prison

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Dec 2013 22:53

We don't have a dog, but our neighbour has three, they think our place is their 2nd home!

They are lovely dogs, good-natured. They don't bark unless a stranger is around. The young male dog has taken it on himself to be my "protector" and if a stranger is here (particularly if it's a man) he puts himself between me & the stranger. I don't think he'd do anything, but I like him being there.

I keep a box of dog biscuits for them....... yesterday they got two each :-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 26 Dec 2013 01:18

A few weeks ago, I mentioned this on the book thread.
If the dog had stronger tongue muscles, (s)he would probably wake you up and tell you what was happening.

Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Dec 2013 18:51

My dog never barks

so if she did I would have a good look round :-D :-D

ann

ann Report 27 Dec 2013 00:19

My yorkie never made a murmur the night I was burgled.

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 27 Dec 2013 12:20

My Daughter's three Yorkies never seem to stop, even the baby tea-cup one has found she has a voice and joins the other two. The male barks to go out but wants someone to play foorball even in dreadful weather, the female if someone passes or comes to the door (normal) the tea-cup not to be left out!!!!