General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A belated Happy Christmas to you all

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 26 Dec 2013 10:38

I feared for All our family plans over Christmas, as we lost our electric at 1am on 24th.

A Full family get together here that day had to be cancelled.:-(

Those wonderful 'lecky men' got us back on the grid at 3pm, so yesterday I was able to cook turkey & trimmings for my son & his partner. :-D We had a lovely day but as the dreaded shingles is still giving me grief, I was exhausted last night.

Today I have cleaned up from yesterday & am awaiting the the family to arrive for a second day of Christmas celebrations. :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Dec 2013 11:14

phew, Carol - you must have been frantic - glad you eventually got the power back - so sorry about the shingles - I had that a few times - not nice at all, especially when you have so much to do

let's hope today goes without a hitch and you get some relief from the pain

Happy New Year to you and yours!! <3 <3 <3

Ann XX

Mersey

Mersey Report 26 Dec 2013 11:18

Hi Carol, not a nice thing to happen at the best of times but especially on Christmas Eve....As for your shingles, hope you recover soon, not nice at all!!

Did you know Boxing Day is the New Christmas :-D :-D, have a lovely day today and enjoy your family celebrations <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2013 04:03

Poor you, to have your plans thwarted by the effects of the weather, as for so many others, must have been so annoying and frustrating.

Do take care of yourself, you are trying to do too much while fighting the shingles so now all the cooking etc is done, give yourself a little break and rest a bit, to help your recovery. You want to be well for the New Year.

Lizxx