General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well it was touch and go for Xmas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Dec 2013 16:20

We were going to stay at our daughter & SIL on Xmas Eve and sleeping at theirs but we all were going to grandson and his family for Xmas day and again for Boxing Day.

Our contribution was the fresh Turkey Crown from the local butcher .

Went up the road early on Xmas Eve and got the turkey .

OH tends to sleep in due to his health problems but did hear him up and about in the bathroom ,did here to some bangs as if he had dropped things . turns out he was off balance and had swept some things to the floor when trying stop himself from falling

Waited awhile and then went upstairs to do his medication to find him in bed!! What??? he said i cant make it you will have to go on your own !! NO WAY would I leave him home alone BUT PANIC we had the the turkey for Xmas dinner . Bless him he was so out of it he couldnt even sit up in bed,He had been sick and still felt very sick.

Granddaughter was coming over with her partner to get the blow up bed from the loft we were taking with us . She and her partner did get the bed down and put it in the car for us,

I phoned SIL and said we have problem with dad cos he is in bed and is very poorly been sick overnight and now is disorientated and cant even sit up in bed.

Panic!

but the family rallied round with contingency plans . we werent going to be alone for Xmas no matter what.

Well OH did manage eventually to get up and dress , he had partially shaved before he went back to bed and i told him forget about showering you aint dirty or smelly just get dressed if you can . WE have to go I aint leaving you here on your own.

He was very dodgy on his feet but we made it to daughters and then to grandson for Xmas day.

Think OH got a bug cos he had a dodgy tum too over Xmas ,still is a bit ORF today .

Thankfully we did make it ,with turkey!!, and had a lovely family Xmas Day & Boxing Day with daughter her OH and grandsons family

It really is nice being with loving family and know you are wanted :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 27 Dec 2013 16:35

Good to hear you have such a lovely caring family,not only for Christmas,but all year round.
I am so blessed to have the same.
I wasn't up to cooking the Christmas family dinner,so OH,did,he is an excellent cook,our daughters all helped,we had a lovely time too.
Especially with little grandchildren,watching their faces.
Hope your OH is feeling better now.
:-) :-) <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Dec 2013 17:24

Must admit i went into panic overdrive!! YOU cant upset all the arrangements that have been made.

Poor sod couldnt help if he had picked up a 24htr bug and he felt useless and not able to contribute.

I think I goaded him into getting dressed and us getting on our way. Every time I checked on him as we were driving he had his eyes closed.Think It wasnt a good time for him but he went along with things

Hopefully his Grt grand kids will remember family times with grt grandparents when we have flown the roost!!

I know its nice to hear family memories from those that knew some of the older famiily

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Dec 2013 03:29

Oh I am glad you managed to salvage the plans made for Christmas and Boxing Day Shirley, as you say, it will be lovely if the efforts made are appreciated in years to come by the youngsters.

Hope you o.h. can withstand any more bugs, all this wet weather doesn't kill of bugs like a good sharp cold spell does.

Lizxx