General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Serious(ish) question - is my daughter cruel?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Dec 2013 23:56

One of my daughters - the one with children - likes sprouts.
Her sister doesn't like sprouts, and mummy never made her eat them.

Of the 3 children of the daughter who likes sprouts, only one likes them - and he only likes them raw.

SO......

23 December, daughter with children made a pizza.

With sprouts as a topping.

Tonight she has made a turkey curry.........with the added addition of sprouts.

I will be 'talking' to the grandchildren next week about this abomination.

Should I report daughter to the anti-sprout lobby, or is this just part of the 'Christmas' season?

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Dec 2013 00:28

WHAT???????? there is an anti-sprout lobby?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2013 00:32

There should be - to avoid children being forced to 'sob' eat the dreaded sprout!!!

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Dec 2013 00:55

A pox upon your house Maggie, sprouts are lovely and jolly good for you :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2013 00:58

I quite like them, I just fear for the grandchildren, and my daughter posting her 'delicacies' on Facebook, starting the post with 'Mwha, Mwha ha ha'.

My poor grandchildren.........

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 29 Dec 2013 01:08

My daughter loves them, her hubby doesn't. SIL put his sprouts on daughter's plate and grandson promptly did the same (although he had eaten them before) the baby eats them raw! I very nearly force fed SIL with the tasty little green morsels...lolol

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 29 Dec 2013 11:42

I like sprouts :-D

I read somewhere that it can take 17 times of trying something before deciding if you like it or not...no idea where it came from though.

Sue, you SIL is setting a bad example...naughty daddy ;-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Dec 2013 11:59

A sprout Pizza???

:-0 :-0

I have never heard anything like it in my loife!!!

:-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2013 12:18

Lol Maggie the eternal problem of Christmas. Our daughter had a rule which was strictly adhered to Everyone must eat a tiny bit of the veg they don't like. They did, even daughter herself who hates sweetcorn. My OH doesn't like sprouts, unless soninlaw does them his way, in cream with chopped bacon and seasoned well with pepper. Even my OH likes them then. And the boys will also eat them like that. Granddaughter (son's family) ate one sprout on Christmas day while screwing up her face but laughing at the same time, her Dad loves them hot and cold. :-D

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 29 Dec 2013 14:49

No food is worth having a confrontation over it - if you make an issue of it it makes even more difficult for a child to give in - sprouts, eggs, anything - are not essential , there are usually reasonable alternatives for all desirable foods - chop things up small and let them help themselves, not plonk it on their plate

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 29 Dec 2013 15:04

did they eat the sprout pizza did they know was blackmail used?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2013 21:12

They ate the pizza - once daughter had eaten the (delicious cheesy) sprouts.
She had the curried sprouts on HER plate as well. :-)