General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Among my Christmas presents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2013 16:01

I had two CDs. I have just played them both and they are both really great. Maybe not everone's taste.

One is Alfie Boe Trust Could listen to it all day.

The other was not one I had asked for but OH got it for me. It is Perhaps Love by Jonathan and Charlotte. If anyone watched last years Britains got Talent they were runners up to Pudsey. goodness they make a wonderful sound. :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Dec 2013 16:33

Hi Ann I got Mum the Alfie Boe CD ....she has it playing non stop in her car now, I have to admit I do like most of the songs on it too....... :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2013 16:38

I bought OH El Diva musicals and an old Jim Reeves one. Not sure if he likes them or not. a lot of El Diva is in Italian but the titles on the CD cover are in English so I think that is a bit naughty I know you should expect them to sing some Italian but it should have the titles in Italian so that you know. I haven't played that one yet. I do like their voices though.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2013 16:39

Mersey it is very easy to listen to.

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Dec 2013 16:42

It is Ann, she has a few of his other cd's but says this latest one is her favourite.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Dec 2013 16:51

I had the Alfie Boe one - great - in my car!!!

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 29 Dec 2013 18:06

I also had the Alfie Boe CD and the Il Divo and was a tad disappointed that so much was in Italian but I love it anyway. I like Jonathan and Charlotte's cd as well although I didn't get that one :-(

Can't beat having some good music to listen to, :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 29 Dec 2013 18:49

I like Alfie Boe too but I never got his CD :-(

I got a James Taylor CD and then..... I was given tickets for his concert :-) :-)

JustJean

JustJean Report 29 Dec 2013 19:26

I had the original sound track of West Side Story bought me, I had a copied one which wasnt good , but have always loved the film and music. also A Robbie Williams one with various singers on it, dont know why I got that one, what I did want was any of Susan Boyle and especially the set of Classical singers so J ordered it for me should be coming tomorrow...I love Jonathan and Charlotte too....so I am looking forward to hearing them...J had a suprise cd bought him, Stan Kenton Cuban Fire. he was gob smacked it is one of his all time favourites....music soothes the soul....

:-) :-) :-) Jean x