General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I got both of these on the same day

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Dec 2013 12:55

I just hope there aren't too many gullible people receiving them

"Good Day My Dearest One, I am Ms Nora Qattara 20yrs old the only daughter to my late parents. I needed your help to be my guardian in the management my inheritance fund from my late Daddy.

My late Daddy left the sum of $8.5 million U.S Dollars in one of the finical house for me before he died. I want you to stand as my guardian and appointed beneficiary and the fund will be transfer into your account in your country. I will offer you 25% of the total amount for helping me to transfer the fund into your account.

I am waiting for your urgently reply so that i will give you more information and how you will help me. Thanks and God bless you and your family.
Yours sincerely,
Ms Nora Qattara."

--
"Apostolic Greetings
Mrs Anturah Daniel Mathews,
Address: 12 Bp 1046 Abidjan,
Cote D'ivoire.

May The Lord Touch Your Mind As You Read This Message.

I am Ms Anturah Daniel Mathews from Bangladesh.I am writing from the hospital in Cote D'Ivoire, therefore this mail is very urgent as you can see that I am dying in the hospital. I was told by the doctor that I was poisoned and has got my liver damaged and can only live for some months.
I inherited some money ($7.4 Million) from my late husband.

I want you to contact my house Boy with this information below:
Kevin E.
Address: Rue De La Princess L/G 152 Cocody
Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire.
Tel:+225 02 10 71 92
Email:[email protected]

He will give you the documents of the fund and will direct you to a well known lawyer that I have appointed to him, the lawyer will assist you to change the documents to your name to enable the bank transfer the fund to you.

This is the favour I need when you have gotten the money :-

(1) Give 10% of the money to my servant, Mr Kevin as he has been there for me throught my illness and I have promised to support him in life. I want you to take him along with you to your country and establish him as your son.

(2) Give 10% of the money to Charity Organizations and Churches on my name so that my soul may rest in peace.

Note;This should be a code between you and Kevin in this transaction"Hospital" any mail from him, the barrister he will direct you to,without this code "Hospital" is not from the barrister,Kevin, the bank or myself as I don't know what will happen to me in the next few hours.

(3) the lawyer's name is Barr Benard Traore. And Let Kevin send you his National ID Card or his picture to be sure of whom you are dealing with. Kevin is so little and has no life experience therefore guide him.

May God bless you and use you to accomplish my wish.
Pray for me always.
Anturah Daniel Mathews"

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2013 13:22

What low will they sink to next?

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Dec 2013 14:53

I can't believe that the people who send them think anyone would believe them. I guess some do believe these awful people or the sender would give up sending them out. I also think using religion to push you into parting with your money is the lowest of the low.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Dec 2013 16:02

When these first started they were much more plausible, better written and properly targeted.

We had one of the early ones, from Nigeria. At the time OH ran a sailing school and the letter was about selling yachts. The writer wanted help because the buyer didn't trust Nigerian banks, so we were to be a go-between. :-| :-|

The amount involved was sensible, but it then asked for full bank details!!! We ignored it and received several more over the next few months. Eventually we took them to the local police, who said they would forward them to Scotland Yard, who were doing a full investigation into this scam.

Since then the internet has been invented, the scam is flourishing, with wilder and wilder reasons for wanting help and, sadly, a lot of people believe them. :-( :-( :-(