General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find Ancestors or Living Relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

seajay

seajay Report 31 Dec 2013 20:01

When will the 'Find Ancestors' and 'Find Living Relatives' be sorted ?
I type in a family name and pages of non-related rubbish come up !!
I have contacted the Support people and still nothing seems to have been done
Has anyone else come across this ?

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Dec 2013 20:14

What "rubbish" is coming up seajayf? Are you searching for a specific surname in Adv search? Just trying to ascertain what the problem is :-) for example if I put in my family name 'Fishlock' in adv search it only brings up thread where that is mentioned either mine or other peoples'.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 31 Dec 2013 20:28

This has been the case for a long time, I typed in a fairly unusual surname and it was at the bottom of a long page, so, what I am saying is the name you seek will be there somewhere, good luck.

seajay

seajay Report 1 Jan 2014 11:55

Rambling Rose . I type in a family name as keywords and get non-related rubbish.
ZZzzz. I agree - one family name came up with over 450 items - 4 were relevant.

jax

jax Report 1 Jan 2014 14:40

You mean in the quicksearch?

Yes anything containing that word will come up....unfortunately not in date order either

Its ok if it is an unusual name otherwise you have to sift through the lot....and more than likely anyone posting anything related to what you are looking for, is no longer using the site