General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how sad are we

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 1 Jan 2014 01:20

posting on genes on new yrs eve.

for the last 6yrs ive made a point of going out to celebrate new yr.

having spent 20yrs unable to go out because we had four children and no child care
we loved being able to go out by ourselves and not worry about childcare,oh it was great,
but this new yr we cant be bothered,illness in the family has caused me not to count my chickens before they have hatched,horrible,but real life.
hope that whatever you have done this new yr has made you happy

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Jan 2014 09:13

Tssk! Taste bubbles floating over Anglesey as I write.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 1 Jan 2014 09:48

A lot of people didnt go out ths year it seems,

we went to a famiky party then few of us went back to mums till 5am lol

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2014 10:11

We have been staying home for about the past 8 years, sometimes family come sometimes they don't. Still we had a lovely evening, and a nice meal.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 1 Jan 2014 10:33

We stayed in as per normal - Mum is staying with us and it was her 90th birthday. On her birthday last year, her partner of 30 years died, so yesterday we had a lovely lunch out and a family evening at home - it was really nice.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jan 2014 10:44

If the truth be told Suzanne, probably more families/people stayed at home doing nothing much than went out or entertained.
It's only one night in the year anyway - if going out is what you want to do, then maybe next NYE will be different. Chin up ;-)

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 1 Jan 2014 11:02

OH WENT TO BED AT 9:30
SAT HERE ON MY OWN AS USUAL
PATHETIC AIN'T I

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 1 Jan 2014 11:04

PS
I WAS SO BORED YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT

GinN

GinN Report 1 Jan 2014 11:46

We stay in by choice! A nice meal with a bottle of wine, then seeing the New Year in, just the two of us. I couldn't go back to the days of all night revelry when we lived in the North East - the hangovers could last a couple of days!

It's good to face the New Year feeling fine! :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 Jan 2014 17:32

I don´t think it´s sad being on GR on New Years Eve, I think it´s lovely for those who an´t get out and live alone to know they had company. I would have been on here if I hadn´t been cuddling dogs half the night.
I didn´t even bother with a glass at midnight well I did as my coffee cup is glass, but I did wait up for OH to get in from work at 3.30am

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 1 Jan 2014 21:43

had a lovely day today.

cooked a new yrs day meal for all the family and grandchildren,not as many as xmas day though,but nice all the same

we then had a long walk between showers,diet starts tomorrow :-D

Linda

Linda Report 1 Jan 2014 22:01

I've had my 91 year old mum with me for two weeks now ( going home on Friday) new years eve my sister and her partner and my two nieces and their husbands came up from the west country and one little three year old to surprise mum we had been planning it for months then one of my daughters and three of her children turned up in evening for a hour o we had nieces other nan here who lives in the next road to me. lovely group photo of us all about 14 0r 15 nice for my family tree I'm thinking.

Have a happy and healthy new year :-D :-D