General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 4 Jan 2014 14:23

Can someone tell me where the print / preview / alignment / settings ... are now hiding ....
Very annoying getting half boxes or complete sections missing because I'm unablle to rotate or resize .... even just preview the pre print as we used to ....

Help please

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 4 Jan 2014 16:34

Have you seen this Terence it come up if you have a fairly large tree.... its been showing for months now,

Print Preview:

Whoa! We just talked to your printer and it doesn't think it can print a tree as big as yours!

We are going to introduce a new print feature soon that will break it down and fool your printer into doing it's job. Crafty!

Until then, you should try printing from the Ancestors or Descendants views, and if that still doesn't work properly, don't fret, and wait patiently for the swanky new print feature. It shouldn't take too long.

LOL : Pfffft :-P

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jan 2014 19:27

Could you not print to file or XPS Document Writer?

You could also try using the Snipping Tool or converting it to a PDF.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 4 Jan 2014 19:36

I suggest that you use Advanced Search to see what other folk have posted.

I just entered Tree Printing and clicked to Genealogy Chat board and the search returned 40 threads, such as :-

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1320716

It really depends on how big your tree is, and what format of printout you are hoping to see.

Terence

Terence Report 4 Jan 2014 20:52

Thank you all for your feed back / replies...

It is only small parts of the tree I am trying to print in sections using
Descendants or Ancestors but it seems - even removing borders - that if you have more than 7 siblings which goes off screen it also goes off page.
The previous print utility I found was perfectly adequate as it allowed one to rotate and or re-size as required for optimum print and minimal waste ...

Guess its sit and wait .... I tried so many work rounds before asking the question, I got very frustrated and nearly put the PC out the window ...

Could we not of KEPT the old Utility until the new one was actually ready ???

Thanks again one and all.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jan 2014 22:14

Terence - which version of Windows are you using? There are several easy solutions available to you depending on what you are running which will achieve exactly what you are trying to do.

Terence

Terence Report 5 Jan 2014 01:01

You name it I've got it .... every version of Windows since 3.1 right up to date ....
I have now found a work round which is doing what I needed with out hassle.

However I must say that I'm still a little miffed that I had too ....

As I said prior "Could we not of KEPT the old Utility until the new one was actually ready ???"

Not surprised the sites gone so quiet & now I've sorted, I'll do the same.

Thanks again. Job Done.