General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dancing on Ice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 18:05

The final one starts tonight.

All from previous series, some winners, some...shall we say not :-D

Beth Tweddle
Bonnie Langford
David Seaman
Gareth Gates
Gary Lucy
Hayley Tamaddon
Joe Pasquale
Jorgie Porter
Kyran Bracken
Ray Quinn
Sam Attawater
Suzanne Shaw
Toddy Carty
Zaraah Abrahams

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 5 Jan 2014 18:07

Im all ready with my can of pop n cadburys roses ;-)

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 18:19

I've just finished last night's chinese :-D

Have my pop and chocolate ready.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 5 Jan 2014 18:34

Ohh sounds lovely I had toad in the hole earlier, over mums of course ;-)

love daniel :-D

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 18:46

Of course...where else :-D

Agree with you about Daniel.

Todd Carty isn't on until next week...he's in panto which seems an apt description of his skating too :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 5 Jan 2014 18:51

haha yeah why bring him back when the rest are so good, silly really lol :-|

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 18:54

Well someone has to give us something to laugh at ;-)

GinN

GinN Report 5 Jan 2014 18:54

I feel a bit disappointed that they are bringing back old contenders. Why could they not have new ones, and do a special with the previous winners? :-( :-| :-S

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 19:25

I quite like the idea but would have thought it would have been better with the winners or runners up if the winners couldn't have done it. Still I intend to enjoy it while it lasts :-)

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 5 Jan 2014 19:30

oh poor jo, that looked nasty :-(

i dont no who i want to win,

McB

McB Report 5 Jan 2014 20:56

So what was up between sylvan & georgie, he was a right misery guts. jmo

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 21:11

I noticed that so I googled. Sylvain was still in a relationship with Jorgie's friend and co-star Jennifer Metcalfe when he 'grew close' to Samia Ghadie in last year's DOI.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 5 Jan 2014 21:18

yes i knew this, i did think it was unfair to put her with him, knowing he broke her best friends heart, i think they may have done it for ratings but it back fired, lol,

i dont want ray to win, i dont care who else wins but not ray hes too sure hes going to,

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 5 Jan 2014 21:20

I haven't decided yet who I would like to win. I'll wait a few weeks and see who grows on me I think.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 6 Jan 2014 00:25

Kyran Bracken <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2014 04:47

Well that was interesting, I was glad Sylvain and Jorgie went out as I didn't like the pairing altho it was unfair on Jorgie to match her up to him, it was obvious it wouldn't go down well even tho she said everything was fine.

I love Joe Pasquale, what a trooper he is, and he looks much fitter too, so would be good to see him do well.

I thought it was horrible to see the judges arguing, but the two of them never did get on, did they? It must be awkward for Christopher Dean as he and Karen are an item now I think.

Looking forward to the next few weeks

Lizx

McB

McB Report 6 Jan 2014 19:06

Just take note of how little time Bonnie Langford actually spends on the ice, most of her routines are taylord to her being in the air or holding on to her partner, she can't skate on her own, you watch next week !!!!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jan 2014 02:40

I noticed that too, McB, there is something so annoying about her lol She has kept herself very trim but it doesn't do much for her face, she needs a little more fullness there I think.

How are you doing now, are your stumps healing ok and are you managing to keep up with work? Have been wondering about you as I hadn't seen you posting. I expect the cold weather will be uncomfortable for you, when it comes. Do take care and keep warm.

I think the judges have favourites too which is unfair.

Todd Carty next week, whoa, that will be fun!

Lizx

McB

McB Report 7 Jan 2014 19:02

Hi Liz, my stumps have healed ok but i am having trouble closing my hand, it's nearly solid, docs think the tendons are stuck or damaged in the sleeves they slide in, got to have an ultra sound on the hand in two weeks which should hopefully show whats damaged, if it's tendons then it will be more surgery ( woopy do ) my hand doesn't hurt but is very swollen & feels as if it's going to burst with pressure, even this " mild " cold weather makes the stumps hurt like ****