General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

They're back in fashion!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Jan 2014 17:18

Did you have one and throw it away?

A hostess trolley! Pick one up at any Robert Dyas store for £500-£600.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 Jan 2014 17:20

I did Chris and also gave one as a wedding present
to my niece. :-(
Hindsight is a wonderful thing :-)

michael2

michael2 Report 6 Jan 2014 17:30

I,ve got one it,s called the wife. lol :-D

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Jan 2014 17:32

You call your wife a trolley????? :-|

Annx

Annx Report 6 Jan 2014 18:10

I had my mum's years ago when she chucked it out. It has to live in the garage most of the time and OH has wanted to take it to the tip a few times but I won't let him! They are such a boon when you do need one and enable you to do so much in advance!!!! :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 6 Jan 2014 18:15

I had one and gave it to my God Daughter when I moved house. OH brought me a table top one for Christmas with three dishes, alternatively it can be used without them as an hot plate. Keeps food hot for up to three hours, not that this will be an issue in our house food vanishes before it gets the chance to get cold.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 6 Jan 2014 18:15

I had one and gave it to my God Daughter when I moved house. OH brought me a table top one for Christmas with three dishes, alternatively it can be used without them as an hot plate. Keeps food hot for up to three hours, not that this will be an issue in our house food vanishes before it gets the chance to get cold.

michael2

michael2 Report 6 Jan 2014 20:07

chrisofWessex not really she,s off her trolly putting up with me. lol :-D :-D

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 6 Jan 2014 20:30

Michael she is your trolley dolly :-D :-D

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 6 Jan 2014 21:09

I have one and it has been wonderful for when the family come........these days though I am not entertaining much so it's used for storing best dinnerware etc.but doesn't look out of place.