General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aqua Fred.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jan 2014 22:50

The end of our road, where the bus runs, is under water. I don't drive down that way, I drive out the other way.

Fred's mate walks down from there when he comes here and the pavement, being a bit higher, is easily passable. They then go back down there to catch the bus to the café.

So his mate walked up here today, not really expecting to be walking back with Fred, not with the road under water and the promise of more to come.

Well this just shows how wrong you can be!

Not only did Fred insist that he should go to the café today, he made his mate tuck his lap blanket up so he could power on through the standing water, with his mate, for some unexplained reason, walking behind in his trainers! I expect pavements are for poofs or some other strange reasoning.

When they reached the café it was closed! They had to go to another one which was slightly more expensive.

michael2

michael2 Report 7 Jan 2014 23:59

True british grit good on him

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2014 00:42

He takes cantankerous to new levels!

michael2

michael2 Report 8 Jan 2014 01:52

as I said true grit long may he rein.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Jan 2014 04:50

You can't keep a good Fred down lol and his mate sounds a good sort too, if slightly daft to get his trainers so wet.

All power to them both

Lizx

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jan 2014 09:03

Fred does have a really good friend in his mate, he does lots for him. I'm pleased for them both and you Sharron who gets a little breathing space when they are out galavanting

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2014 09:12

I am very grateful to his mate who is far more patient and caring than I could ever be.

He is always willing to be involved in anything Fred gets up to.

It doesn't really give me a breather. Whereas, I am not involved in the tender caring duties, as if, I do have to spend a lot of time doing the admin for their escapades and, once Fred has had a new experience, he needs another.

So, much of my caring role involves having the stimulating ideas and making sure they are viable.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Jan 2014 09:27

Well done you for convincing him he is capable of all these different things he now enjoys so much <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2014 09:32

He still doesn't believe me and thinks I am full of silly, impractical ideas.

He generally dismisses my ideas as ridiculous until he has though them up for himself. Once they are his idea, they work and he loves doing them.

sometimes, things he has argued against doing for weeks, he thinks of and does on the spur of the moment!
Lucky for him his mate will always go along with him.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jan 2014 12:04

LOL quaint turn of phrase in your OP , last but one paragraph,Sharron!!

;-)
Bob

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2014 12:33

Look Bob, we are talking about the man who decided that my OH's lunchbox was only suitable for a boy.

Real men have a lump of bread, a piece of cheese and a bacon sandwich, just like he did for his entire working life.

There is something very suspect about soup and yoghurt must be eaten when nobody is looking. His brother had a dog that was not of suitable dimensions for a man either.

It stands to reason that a pavement is going to be used by those whose life he does not wish to understand. It may not be poofs who use them, it could be people who don't wear a baseball cap when they go out or somebody who doesn't wear a white interlock singlet.

Who ever they are, he does not wish to pass by in their footsteps. The very thought!

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 8 Jan 2014 12:36

Sharron you have to remember its sausage sandwich day.... Go for it Fred xxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2014 12:46

That is what my other thread is about Paula.

It looks like others have forgotten the auspiciousness of the occasion!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jan 2014 13:44

Ah, but Sausage sarnie to Fred is sacred and he has to have his sausage sarnie.

It sounds like Fred would build an Arc(Fred's Arc noy Noah's) to get his sarnie..

Gud on him go for it Fred.

Merlin

Merlin Report 8 Jan 2014 14:10

Careful Sharron, after going through that water he may ask for it to stay so he can go Snorkling. :-D :-D Or even Waterskiing :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Jan 2014 04:46

:-D :-D :-D :-D