General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hope he is alright.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jan 2014 22:08

I had a friend called Koumbata Dieudonne. We lost touch a long time ago.

Not because we wanted to but because the postal service where he lived and was a headmaster was extremely inefficient and corrupt, a pair of shoes I sent him never arrived.

He lived in Bangassou which is the second city in the Central African Republic and I am so afraid for him if he is still alive.

Any of those children I have seen injured on the news could be his grandchildren.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 8 Jan 2014 22:29

I hope your friend is alright Sharron - the scenes on the news are heartbreaking.

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Jan 2014 22:30

<3 <3 Sharron

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 9 Jan 2014 05:22

I hope he's safe too <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jan 2014 10:58

I hope all is well with your friend and his family.

I can understand your concern. When I was in secondary school I had a Nigerian penfriend. We wrote often and he told me of his friends and hopes for when he'd finished his studies. Then came alot of serious trouble in Nigeria and I never heard from him again.
I haven't forgotten Isaac and often wonder if he's OK.

Gwyn

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jan 2014 06:34

It's always a shame to lose touch with a friend but to have such turmoil and fear in the area they live is worse as you fear for their safety. I do hope both your friends and their families are safe and well and coping with all life has thrown at them in their country.

Lizx