General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A step in the right direction

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Jan 2014 21:54

There was a report in the paper today about a man who thought his partner might be mistreating their five year old daughter so he set up a hidden camera in their bedroom.

This recorded her laying in to the little girl and then demanding a cuddle.

The couple have now split up and the little girl is living with her dad but, had he not set up that camera, she would probably still be suffering at the hands of her mother and been totally unable to tell anybody or ask for help.

What an excellent dad.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Jan 2014 22:03

well done that man

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Jan 2014 22:08

And well done that judge for giving him custody.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 11 Jan 2014 22:11

Hopefully the mother won't go on to have children with a less vigilant father :-(

michael2

michael2 Report 11 Jan 2014 22:12

I wish I knew the answer of why people abuse children in any way but I do think that the law should find away of finding away of dealing with them so they cant do any more harm to them. its a hard subject to solve. our children need a lot of love in their live not abuse. :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Jan 2014 22:22

If she does go on to have other children she will be known as a violent mother so you would hope that Social Services will be watching.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2014 00:16

There is a VERY shocking video on Facebook of a woman cruelly treating a very young baby who looks to be only weeks old. its sickening what she does to the baby and Police are asking do you know this woman .

I wanted to jump right in and take the baby and sock the woman. Why some people abuse kiddies is beyond me

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Jan 2014 00:22

Thank heavens the father did what he did but even that could have been too late, how awful it would have been if that filmed beating had meant the child was braindamaged or otherwise handicapped, or even killed.

I am so glad the child is with a loving father now and safe. Poor little mite was probably too scared to tell anyone what was happening, bless her.

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2014 00:24

This is a bit contentious but I think abusive parents are worse than paedophiles in many ways.

My thinking is that it is the duty of a parent to protect their child from paedophiles but who is there to protect a child from an abusive parent?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Jan 2014 00:50

Too true, Sharron.......and when (nowadays) they have a choice whether to have a child or not.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 12 Jan 2014 10:29

Poor little girl thank god she is in safe hands with her father, but on the other hand its not normal to treat a child or your own child like that the mother is obviously ill I do hope she gets the help she needs as well.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2014 11:33

I suspect it is more normal than you would hope.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 12 Jan 2014 13:08

No Sharon it isnt normal to treat a child like that as a Mother I can hand on heart say that, it may be going on a lot more than we can imagine with other children but it certainly isnt normal , I know you had a really bad childhood due to your Mother Sharon and I do hope you dont think I trying to patronise you because I am certainly not.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 12 Jan 2014 13:09

Sharron is right - it stirred up memories for me and a few more on this board I guess.

Child is so lucky her father was on the alert.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2014 13:16

No Hayley, I didn't think you were being patronizing at all.

It was a poor choice of words on my part I think.

Maybe I should have said more general but she was committing the act in secret as do so many more I am sure.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 12 Jan 2014 15:16

Its ok Sharon I nearly said its popular meaning its happening behind closed doors more we think but I dont think popualar is the correct word either but I am sure you would of got what I meant also I am not happy with the tone to my last post its sounds to me a tad harsh or sharpe again its not meant to be like that... :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2014 15:37

This could be the Hayley and Sharron apologizing and clarifying thread if we are not careful.

Think how entertaining that would be!

A.S Neil (Summerhill school) thought that smacking children was akin to torture and and related that he was often told that children were frequently more affectionate after they had been hit. It seems that parents thought they were expressing love rather than distress.

The woman in the film asked the child for a cuddle after she had beaten her as if she had different feelings from her own human emotions.

She was probably trying to pretend it would be some kind of forgiveness that would have made her secret act not have happened.