General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Act of rebellion or Fred's senior moment?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2014 14:26

Upon investigation the rattling noise downstairs was found to be the crockery in the washing machine where Fred had put them.

He is ninety-four, I am sixty, he has only just started to do things like that and I have been doing them for years!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 12 Jan 2014 14:39

:-D :-D :-D...oh I so know that feeling Sharron :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 12 Jan 2014 14:47

When my Farther in law retired he would only sit in his chair and watch the world go by, and tell my Mother in law how to do the housework which she had done for years and he had never done, how she never killed him I do not know :-)

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 12 Jan 2014 18:09

Big smiles to Fred!

Is this what they mean by direct action as a means of protest?

Hope that most of the crockery wasn't broken. Still broken crockery is useful for the bottom of plant pots (or so I'm told).
Perhaps you can get Fred to plant up something for you. Hopefully something that will grow!

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Jan 2014 23:27

t seems he had the lot in there going round, wooden spoon, saucepan.

It was making a hell of a din!

Now I am getting very short on bowls and side plates.

michael2

michael2 Report 13 Jan 2014 00:10

bless him it keeps him going don't be cross with him. he,s doing his best. :-) :-) :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jan 2014 04:56

Ooops, now if you had said you were short of cups and glasses I could have sent you some jamjars Sharron!!

Maybe time for melamine plates and bowls?

Poor Fred, maybe it was clean protest!

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jan 2014 11:19

For the last seven years I have not had a proper nights sleep because I have been on alert all night and have had a coupe of hours when I hear the carers get him up.

Now ,I suppose, I will have to stay awake to make sure I still have something to eat off!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 Jan 2014 11:48

Paper plates and cups Sharron will solve your problem ;-) :-D

As long as Fred doesn't put them in washing machine :-) :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 13 Jan 2014 17:24

SHARRON
YOU MUST DO A BOOK
OR EVEN BETTER A TV SERIES
LIFE WITH FRED
YOUR A MARVAL AT LOOKING AT THE BRIGHT SIDE

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Jan 2014 02:55

At the time it happened OH and I were upstairs explaining to each other, purely out of charity and concern for the welfare of the other you understand, what flaws there might be in each others characters and how best the other should go about rectifying them.

So as not to be misunderstood, we were detailing them both loudly and clearly and I think Fred, being a little hard of hearing, was having to concentrate quite hard to hear what we were saying.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Jan 2014 04:44

So it was your faults he was distracted then Sharron, bless him, it was too much for him after all he's been through lately, lack of sausage sustenance must have caused it!

Lizx