General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OK help with tree please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 12:30

Ages since I actually tried to do anything on my tree, well before this new tree was foisted on us. If I open my tree to a particular person, how and where do I add relatives (children) to that person. I have been studying this for 10 minutes and what used to be simple doesn't appear to be so any more. But maybe it is and I am not seeing something obvious. :-)

Wend

Wend Report 13 Jan 2014 12:41

When you click on the person's name, 'Add' will appear on the left beneath their name. Click on that and a box comes up to enable you to add a spouse, sibling or child.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 12:43

What view does it have to be in for that to happen Wend. all I have when I click on the name is a box with delete in it.

Wend

Wend Report 13 Jan 2014 12:47

Oh dear, Ann, I don't know. Add/Edit/Delete should appear. Hope someone else can help.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 12:53

Had another look and it definitely just says delete, I tried clicking on that to see if other options came up but it just asked me if I really wanted to delete so I have given up. :-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jan 2014 13:10

I hate to ask, but, what browser are you using Ann lolol, don't hit me I know that's what GR always say ;-)

I've just looked and though I deleted my tree I still have the 'base person' on it and the 3 options are coming up ok, I'm using Chrome...I gave up on IE for this site .

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 13 Jan 2014 13:26

When I open my tree along the top I have Immediate Family, Pedegree, Ancestors, Descendants, Full, List. I am clicked onto Immediate Family and, like others, if I click on a person I get the three options Add, Edit, Delete. This is using Chrome. Just for you Ann ,I also logged into Firefox and everything is just the same as it is on Chrome . Its also okay on the iPad using Safari xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 14:10

Thanks, as TS remembered I use Firefox. I really only did get delete. Hve been away from the pc for an hour but will go back in again. and check.

Budgie, side panel???

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 14:14

Nope just checked, all I have is delete on the left under the person and can't see a side box anywhere. Guess I will have to contact admin. It isn't really important but I would like to get it sorted in case something important does occur.

Kense

Kense Report 13 Jan 2014 14:39

There should be a couple of chevrons at the top right. Clicking on those opens the side panel.

Have you ever sent yourself a test message? If so have a check that you haven't accidentally clicked on the Stop Access button. I dread to think what that might do. I have a couple of such messages and cannot delete them.

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Jan 2014 14:47

Hi
If you hit "Edit" it gives you then the option to add.
Hope that helps
Ann

Wend

Wend Report 13 Jan 2014 14:49

Trouble is, she hasn't got the 'Edit' option :-S

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Jan 2014 14:50

Oopps ! sorry

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 15:35

I have contacted support, I await their reply. Thanks for your help.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2014 15:47

Thank you Kense I have done it now, I found the chevrons and was able to do it from there.