General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It does amuse me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 15 Jan 2014 17:47

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 15 Jan 2014 17:55

When some people insist on slagging off other people when they don't even know them. It seems to me that the stickied thread has become a thread for this purpose.

Now, while i am sorry for the said persons predicament! I would hate that to be me who was being slagged off......what a legacy to leave!.....and as for those who are slagging off those they do not know......What right do you have?.......keep it to a PM if you really must.......Sheesh......I hope none of mine decide to slag me off in the same way if they had something wrong with them.....This is not hateful abuse.....what has been written on that thread is!

I did say I would delete! there was no need for the RR......but there you go! What else could one expect on here!

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Jan 2014 18:02

It's perfectly ok to disagree & debate another person's point of view. The trouble sometimes occurs when the original poster is belittled personally. There is no need for that.

Immature children indulge in name calling but they eventually grow up & move on.

Susan10146857 - don’t give in!

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 15 Jan 2014 18:10

I don't remember trying to belittle anyone Dermot :-S sometimes it is difficult to express oneself when one can see wrong.....even if someone isn't well or is old.......sometimes there is no excuse whatever the circumstances......A good friend of mine who passed away not so long ago would have agreed with that......just because one is old doesn't make whatever you do acceptable any more than being ill does.....and those who are giving support shouldn't slag off those who they do not know.....or know come to that,

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Jan 2014 18:19

Susan10146857: English is not my first language & I might have misinterpreted your initial posting above.

I was 'standing up' for you in so far as it appeared to me that you were being 'accosted' personally for some earlier posting - of which I have no knowledge.

I love a good debate - until it gets personal by attacking contributors rather than the subject of discussion.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 15 Jan 2014 18:24

Lol....Dermot....you do make me laugh......of course English perse isn't your language......you are Irish.......having said this....that could be a debate in itself.....I am sure better English is taught in Irish schools.....or Scots ones for that matter. :-D

as for what you have written....I totally agree :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 16 Jan 2014 22:53

I see my post has been re-instated.....thank you GR......as can be seen, there was nothing that was against T&Cs unlike another.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Jan 2014 23:00

I noticed two posts has been RR ed
and could not for the life of me think why :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 16 Jan 2014 23:02

Ahhh! But can you see why now :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Jan 2014 23:05

to be honest

I agree with what you said :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 16 Jan 2014 23:08

Thank you joy :-)

Something else that amuses me........

Why on earth do some people on here think that their PMs about other members never reach the talked about one......Is your so called friend really a friend ?.....Sheesh!....the times I and many many others have received a copy of what was supposed to be a private slagging off of another member.....Tsk! Tsk!......how naive some people are......If I get them......I wonder how many others do.......walls may have ears.....but so does GR :-D .......or should that be eyes?