General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anything to cause a bit of confusion!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2014 08:28

I woke up to hear a bit of discussion going on downstairs between Fred and his carers.

Being in charge of his own wardrobe, he puts out what he wants to wear the day before.

Only yesterday he thought he would choose what he wanted to wear to go to hospital tomorrow and put it out.

Just like his father who would be at the bus stop an hour before the bus went.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Jan 2014 10:37

good to know he takes an interest in how he looks :-D

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 26 Jan 2014 11:04

Fred certainly keeps you on your toes. Isn't it great that a man in his '90s still takes an interest in what he wears.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2014 11:20

Don't start thinking of him as Beau Brummel.

He has two pairs of camel jogging bottoms, which I might tell you, are mine, and assorted shirts and jumpers.

He wears a pair of my black trousers for funerals and a pair of black leather slip- on slippers at all times.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Jan 2014 11:32

My Dad was like that, I used to go and see him and he would be in his "gardening clothes" and if we were going to go out he would shower and be suited and booted every time, up to when he died at age 83, we had him buried suited and booted so he was smart when he met up with Mum again.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2014 11:42

I don't think Fred wants to meet up with my mother again any more than I do.

Could be why he is hanging on here, that and keeping me on my toes!

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 26 Jan 2014 11:52

Sharron whatever if Fred's reason for hanging on here long may it continue.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2014 11:56

I am trying to make it another fourteen years if I can because that is when I am eligible for a free television licence!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Jan 2014 12:39

surely you should already have one? as Fred qualifies,

I expect you mean, in your own right!?
Bob

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jan 2014 12:47

Stop being picky on my birthday!

Anyway, I think I put my point across quite succinctly, so there!

Merlin

Merlin Report 26 Jan 2014 13:32

The time to worry Sharron is when he decides to take a fancy to you Stilettoes. Happy birthday.Enjoy it. ;-)

GinN

GinN Report 26 Jan 2014 13:39

Happy birthday Sharron - hope Fred is behaving himself for you! :-D :-D

I've heard of mothers and daughters sharing clothes, but never fathers and daughters - until now! ;-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Jan 2014 16:14

Happy Birthday Sharron. Do hope you are getting spoiled.
Sausage butties for tea?

:-D