General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well Done Barclays Bank In Rainham Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Jan 2014 16:24

OH goes into the bank on a Wednesday to draw out cash and do any other banking he needs. He is known by the Bank tellers who are very patient with his slow reactions

i have been in with him at times too and explained his health problems but that I/we try to encourage him to think out what he wants and to ask for it.

He HATES the ATM doesnt trust it for some reason but today on his weekly visit the queue for the counter was very long . A bank lady in the lobby recognized him when he went in and asked if she could help him so he didnt have to queue . He said I dont like the ATM dont trust it and am worried about using it ,WELL the lady went outside in the rain and stood with him and explained every step so he could get his money . He was very relaxed when he came back to the car in the car park.

Dont think he will use the ATM as the norm but well done to Barclays Staff at the branch on their customer interactions

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2014 16:27

How nice to have some good news re a bank Shirley, what a kind lady. At least I assume he manages to remember his pin then. That is good. And I expect he felt a sense of achievement too at having done it successfully.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Jan 2014 16:38

Thanks Ann yes he can remember his pin nos. When he draws out cash he has to sign for it and they accept his now spidery signature cos they know him.

He has done a Power of Attorney in case he can no longer remember but I do encourage him to think if he is having problems .

Bless him he still is able .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jan 2014 17:36

That is good and I am sure with you encouraging him to be normal he will go on longer being able to do things.