General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

everyman remembered 1914-1918

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cooper

Cooper Report 1 Feb 2014 14:09

I thought that this may of interest to UK members of genes, and to members in Australia, Canada and the Commonwealth.

The Royal British legion are working with the War Graves Commission to keep the memory of the fallen from across the Commonwealth to be remembered by those alive today.

Every Man Remembered is part of the Royal British Legions First World War centenary commemorations, which will take place over the next five years.

A dedicated web site to commemorate the names of all the Serviceman from the commonwealth who died in the 1914-1918 war has been set up.

www.everymanremembered.org

Teresa

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Feb 2014 14:49

Hear is the web addy with hyperlink

http://www.everymanremembered.org/

Roy

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2014 15:53

Interesting!

As many FHS/Archives are doing a lot of research on their local servicemen, it would be brilliant if they could add their findings to the site (once it is up and running)

Joeva

Joeva Report 1 Feb 2014 17:44

Thank you Cooper, I have registered on this site as I have at least 3 known members of my family tree that perished in WW1. :-( including a photograph of the son of ancestor that was killed in action in 1916.

AnotherCanuck

AnotherCanuck Report 1 Feb 2014 19:10

Thank you Cooper.....I too have registered at this site.

K/Regards,
A/Canuck.

Phyll

Phyll Report 1 Feb 2014 20:26

Thanks Cooper - have registered with this site. Have at least 8 names to go on here.
Phyll :-(