General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do you get your inner strength from

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 6 Feb 2014 21:35

Really am at my wits end at the moment .It was such a good year last year with the birth of our beautiful twin grand girls. What a year this year has been so far :-( One of my husbands brothers has bladder cancer, another has just be diagnosed with bowel cancer, my sister had a fall and has a broken hip and wrist and had a stroke in hospital, my lovely hubby had a slight stroke last week but is now home from hospital and on the road to recovery, fingers crossed, and with all the gale force winds and rain over the last few weeks our roof is leaking AGAIN. we had it repaired a couple of years ago and now we are back to square one. So sorry to burden you all with my moans. When you are really down what gets you up and going again. Its the sleepless nights that are getting to me I think. But then there are a lot more on here that have bigger problems than me. :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Feb 2014 21:38

Lavender baths.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 6 Feb 2014 21:42

I hope things start to improve for you soon. Everything seems to happen at once.
take care.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 Feb 2014 22:15

My faith.

I have found that appreciating the good times helps me to overcome the bad times. Just be assured, the sun will shine again. Take care of yourself :-) <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Feb 2014 22:19

I think if you don't get a good nights sleep it magnifies all the bad things. I hope that things start to look up for you again soon and that you can find comfort in those lovely twins. <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Feb 2014 22:41

Annmarie when things happen in my life that get me down and Ive had my fair share, what i do is throw all my energy into helping those that need help.

By doing that, i don't dwell on the problems i have but rather reap the rewards from the people i have helped. That makes it all worthwhile and i then look at my life in a more positive way.

Remember if you are reasonably healthy then you must be strong for the rest. Your newest arrivals need you lots as do the rest of your family.

So if you tire yourself out helping the rest, I guarantee you will sleep well!

I hope everyone who is unwell in your life will make full recoveries.

Take care
Florence
in the hebrides.

PS Dont bottle it all up, it's good to talk so don't think you can't have a moan and groan, if it makes you feel better, just get it off your chest, we dont mind on here. <3

kandj

kandj Report 6 Feb 2014 23:04

I always think that when you are ground down with worries and concerns of health then the only way is back up. It HAS to get better when you are struggling on your knees to make head or tale of the nasty events that sometimes appear to go from bad to worse
Tomorrow is another day. It just has to be better, and it usually is no matter how small an episode,, it can and will improve albeit slowly if you try to think in a positive way.
Stay in the present and don't allow your mind to go racing off so you will think about things that may never happen. Negative energy is draining while a positive attitude can make you feel brighter. Try is, it really does work to see your glass half full.
Nothing lasts forever AnnMarieG. keep focused and surround yourselves with positive minded people who will help you to get through this bad patch so you may eventually see the light at the end of the dark tunnel.

It works for me and I hope it will work for you too. Good luck. xx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Feb 2014 23:30

well on a lighter note I think a viewing of the Jeremy Kyle show puts things in perspective - I watch it and think how great my life is :-D

I'm not trying to dismiss your awful problems, I've been through dark days many times and there'll probably be more to come, but after I lost my lovely husband I began to look on things differently - now I just think "So what"

You'll get through it and you have those lovely babies - I so wish I had grandchildren, I'd love them to pieces, but it's not to be, so I dote on other people's grandchildren instead

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 7 Feb 2014 12:39

Thank you all so, so much. Was on a real downer yesterday but did have a good nights sleep last night so feel a bit better today. Thank you all my 'genes friends' for your support and words of wisdom.Its so good to know that you are all here for me even though you dont really know me. This is one of the things that makes this site so good.
I also know that as soon as I see my beautiful grandchildren I realise how very, very lucky I am.

best wishes to you all.
Ann :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Feb 2014 13:03

good to see you smiling again. It is great that if we are down we can come on here and feel the support of our 'cyber' friends. I love the photo of those two little ones, double the cuddles there. :-)

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 7 Feb 2014 14:33

Thank you AnninGlos. xx