General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Weather Headaches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Feb 2014 05:05

:-(

There's been a storm brewing for the last couple of days, big black clouds are gathering..............and my head is pounding!

OH says I'm better at predicting the weather than a barometer.

Does this happen to any of you?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Feb 2014 07:51

LadyScozz yes my grandad used to get a bad headache in the summer whenever a thunderstorm was brewing.

I too get bad migraines and quite often it's when we have deep low pressure.

Someone explained to me once when the pressure drops, the atmosphere changes and this can affect some people, giving them headaches.

The only thing is why it affects some people and not everyone?

My only cure is to sleep the headache off as i cant take any painkillers because of my astma not even paracetamol and a heat wrap helps.

Hope the storm passes quick and you feel better soon.
Florence
in the hebrides.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Feb 2014 08:53

It's been hot & humid for over a week, threatening to rain all the time, but so far not a drop since last Friday. Very unusual for February in the sub-tropics.

I don't mind the heat, but detest the humidity! I had washing hanging outside the other day, for four hours...... I had to put it in the tumble dryer because it was still damp.

The storm is moving around us, over the hills and south....... but I still have a pounding head.

I'm about to escape to the bedroom, and put on the air conditioner :-D

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 20 Feb 2014 09:53

hi Scozz, I always get a headache when a storm is coming, I had one the other day when we had a hail storm. I never usually am prone to them so I can generally be able to predict a storm on its way because I will have a rare headache.

The only other time I will get one is when I am properly ill, with a good old temperature, then I know it is time to take care of myself and go to bed and rest as I have a few days of feeling rotten ahead, luckily that doesn't happen too often !

Don't get me started on humidity, two words. My hair. !!!!

Let's hope that if the storm ever actually breaks, your headache will clear.

Take care. M. :-)

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 20 Feb 2014 13:15

THUNDERSTORMS ALSO GIVE ME REALLY BAD HEADACHES ONCE THE THUNDER STARTS THE HEADACHE SOMETIMES CLEARS IMMEDIATELY..

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Feb 2014 13:25

rofl @ Maryanna & hair.

I know what you mean.

I have very curly hair. I*'ve stopped fighting with it and just let it go its own way. When the weather is really humid I look like I'm wearing a halo, which I don't deserve :-)

Some people compliment me on my mad hair........ some days I look like a mad hippie, other days I just look mad. Whatever, lots of women pay good money for my look. :-D

The storm isn't here yet, but the barometer is swinging....... and so is my head.

Merlin

Merlin Report 20 Feb 2014 19:27

Why not try an Ice Pack on your Forehead,Or a Packet of frozen Peas would Suffice. It may Help.**M**. :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Feb 2014 01:11

Merlin ~ Been there, tried that! I've found the only thing that helps is getting cooler....... I often shut myself in the bedroom with the air-con going full blast. When I start to shiver the headache eases.......... then i leave the bedroom and the headache is back within half an hour.

We got about six spots of rain last night, the sky is still cloudy. The storm will probably wait for us going out tonight.

On the subject of hair............ I look like I'm wearing a fright wig :-0 :-(