General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

projects for 2014?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 Feb 2014 18:58

What are you projects or objectives for this year?

My main aim is to finish two trees i am doing for 2 best friends and then concentrate on my garden as soon as the weather allows me to get outside. i have rather neglected it the last few years because of other commitments, but this year for me the garden will take priority.

i grew some veg last year but again left it without water and didnt give it the priority it deserved so my own fault when it all went to seed!!!

Does anyone have any exciting things they are celebrating or maybe a special holiday to a far flung place perhaps?

let's hear your thoughts tonight and brighten up a dull evening up here!

Florence
in the hebrides. :-\

GinN

GinN Report 25 Feb 2014 19:04

Hi, Florence :-D We've revamped the living room, and are currently redecorating our bedroom.
We are going to take a very special holiday to South Africa next month - and have more plans to travel later in the year .

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 25 Feb 2014 19:04

I am going to do some more writing and hopefully attend another course. Have a meeting tomorrow which may lead to some voluntary work. Am also going to make the effort to visit a few friends, one of whom is going through a hellish time at the moment. School reunion in May :-S :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 25 Feb 2014 19:05

To continue living as disgracefully as possible. And look after Sasha For as long as I can. :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 25 Feb 2014 19:08

Revamp the whole house and spend a lot more time with OH now that all the family has moved out at last.

Annina

Annina Report 25 Feb 2014 19:28

Carry on making patchwork quilts to raffle for charity.

Get used to my posh new sewing machine,it does everything bar the ironing.

Decorate my new extension,then realise that the rest of the house is filthy.

Attend Uzzi's Sheffield meet in may.

Have silver wedding anniversary,also in May,plus thirty years living together in Sept.

Hopefully,get my three feral cats neutered before they kill each other.

Don,t know about my garden,the builders have trashed it,maybe treat it to a lorry load of concrete,I don't have the strength to be bothered nowadays.

May try find the time to visit my sister in Scarborough,and big brother in Belgium.

Is that enough for now???

Nina in sunny Sheffield.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 Feb 2014 20:19

Wow lots of lovely things happening to all of you.

Geordie, I hope you have a super time in South Africa. Send us on GR a cyber postcard!

Sheila hope the writing course goes well and hope you can cheer up your friend. Laughter is the best medicine, so they say. being a volunteer is fantastic, I am one myself for a local project and really enjoy helping a good cause.Enjoy the school renunion, love catching up with tales of when we were younger lol

Merlin, you naughty boy! Live life to the full why not, a little bit of what you fancy does you good.Not sure who Sasha is but yes be very good to them.

La Gooner, I am so looking forward to the day my two move out but they are still young so i will have to be patient. I would love to see the floor of teenage daughters bedroom so it can get a hoover and the bathroom floor a sweep!! Patience is a virtue i guess lol

Wow nina what a busy year you will have. So many exciting things to look forward to. Silver Wediing eh well Ive still 5 years to go. SIL says I deserve a medal for the last 20! I would love to go to a meet but the logistics are difficult. One day i hope to meet some of you, that would be lovely.
Unfortunately when we put extensions on or decorate one room, yes it makes us want to spring clean doesn't it. Oh well no time like the present. Happy holidays to you too.

Keep you projects coming, I am really enjoying reading all your plans and finding out a bit about yourselves.

Florence
in the hebrides

:-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Feb 2014 21:24

I started at Christmas. Spent the Christmas break clearing out a bedroom, repainting it, then went on a flat-pack fest. I put up 3 glass fronted cupboards, then filled them with books out of 2 bookshelves and various boxes. Then I had room to make a day bed that converts to a king size. In the process of doing this, I managed to break one of the glass globes on my (ancient) living room light, have bought a new light, but have decided not to put it up until I've redecorated the living room!
Still have to clear some boxes from newly decorated bedroom - then I'll have to clear out the small bedroom that has 'acquired' all the junk from the other rooms.

Sister & I have just got back from a visit to Somerset. We're going on a medieval book binding course/holiday in July, and a family holiday in August.

...and I'm looking for a new job....

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Feb 2014 21:53

Get the shed (remember it coming with free erection?) lined and the power on.

My Smart will be paid for in August.

Get Fred better. Sleep!

Get started on my little patchwork hexagons. Maybe even go to the weekly craft group in the church hall.

We are cooking the village lunch in April.

Stop being such a bloody wimp and get my mediaeval bit written up!

Finish sanding the bathroom floor and the stairs.

Spend more than half an hour a year with the vacuum!