General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ouch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 1 Mar 2014 11:05

Morning all.

Last night we went to a bit of a do. A 70th birthday bash in a local pub.

I didn't know any of these people, they are new friends of Himself that he has got to know through one of the activities he has taken up since he retired.

The lady who's birthday it was, met us at the door and took our coats from us and then showed us through to the function room. Himself was behind her, I was in front.

As we got to the threshold of the room she began to tell me where she was going to put our coats, so I was looking behind me, at her. What she didn't tell me was to watch the two steps down into the room.

Next thing I know, I am very gracefully (not ) heading head first down these steps, only to giide across the wooden floor on my front and end up almost in the fire place. Which I would have done, had there not been a man standing in front of it, so I ended up with my head between his feet.

Several people, NOT himself, rushed to pick me up, but I had my foot through handbag strap so couldn't get to my knees.

What a way to make an entrance and make friends and influence people !!!!!

I expected to wake up this morning black and blue, but not one bruise to be seen.

M. :-0

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Mar 2014 11:12

it's good to make a grand entrance :-D

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 1 Mar 2014 11:17

I hope you are okay, but you will have a great ice-breaker next time you meet these people. ;-) ;-)

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 1 Mar 2014 11:20

The stupid thing is, that as the driver, I was just about the only sober one there !!!

M .

:-(

Mersey

Mersey Report 1 Mar 2014 11:23

You were very lucky Maryanna :-0

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 1 Mar 2014 11:29

For once I think I was lucky to have a bit of "padding" and I landed on my handbag.

Just have a stiff wrist and a bit or a sore knee, but I am amazed there are no bruises.

M. :-)

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 1 Mar 2014 11:55

Oh dear......reminds me of the first time I met my daughters future in-laws.

Christmas morning and my husband opened the door to them just as our dog barged in front of me to greet them first and I fell over her, landing face first at their feet.

Luckily, I wasn't hurt and we all cracked up laughing......except the dog who slunk off to her bed looking as innocent as only a dog can :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Mar 2014 12:01

Can anyone give the links to the youtubes of both of these events. Can't find them on google.

Glad you are ok, Maryanna and Kitty :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Mar 2014 12:25

Not a bruise anywhere.

Didn't you even give him a black eye?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Mar 2014 12:43

You crashed the party?

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 1 Mar 2014 12:47

Could have done with you lot there, there might have been some witty banter.

They were a bit staid.

I did try my best though to get things going with a bang !

I will be surprised if I get invited to any more if their get togethers.

M. :-0

Island

Island Report 1 Mar 2014 13:06

Some people don't appreciate a well executed palais glide when they see one Maryanna :-\
:-D :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Mar 2014 13:11

We4re you practicing for "Splash" the Diving programme? :o))>

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 1 Mar 2014 14:47

I can see some future get together.

A little group in a huddle, looking at Himself.

The conversation going something like.

"You never see his wife, do you ?"

"I don't think I even know what she looks like "

"Oh, you remember her, Audrey's party at the White Horse ,I swear she was drunk before they even arrived "

" Oh, yes, of course, wasn't it her who threw herself through the door and ended up with her head between Peter's legs ?"

" He says she doesn't drink but if you ask me, she has got one heck of a problem " .....

Oh dear. M. :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 1 Mar 2014 15:28

One hic of a problem as well :-D :-D

Am impressed you pulled it off so gracefully, Maryanna. The ability to fall and not hurt yourself diminishes with age, but you have still got it. Thank goodness something stopped you by the fireplace. :-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 1 Mar 2014 22:57

Dear Maryanna

Hello

OUCH! OUCH!

Hope you feel better soon and don't ache too much.

Take gentle care of yourself,
Best wishes,
Elizabeth,
xx

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 2 Mar 2014 09:13

Thank you all for your comments, sympathetic and not so !!!!

Still no bruises this morning, I have no idea how I escaped them but boy am I stiff and everything hurts, especially my wrist.

Off to another party later, five year old's this time.

Will look out for steps, stairs, doors, dogs, cats, small children etc.

And as I am the driver, I will, once again be sober.

Watch this space. !!!!

Have a good day.

M.

:-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 2 Mar 2014 12:48

Drink! Drink! Drink!
To eyes that are bright as stars when they're shining on me!
Drink! Drink! Drink!
To lips that are red and sweet as the fruit on the tree!
Here's a hope that those soft arms will twine
Tenderly, trustingly soon around mine!

All I ask is a right to see those smiling eyes beguiling me
Drink! Drink!
Let the toast start!
May young hearts never part!
Drink! Drink! Drink!
Let every true lover salute his sweetheart!
Let's drink! :-D :-D :-D

Glad you don't feel too bad today and you can laugh about it, Maryanna. I thought you might have more bruises than Bruise Forsyth :-) :-)

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 2 Mar 2014 13:48

Glad you've no bruises from your fall........you could have jumped up and said "tah dah" then all the hurtful critics would have had to applaud :-D xx

Look out for those milk shakes they can be lethal ;-)