General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry old search.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 6 Mar 2014 18:41

....has gone. What a complete pain in the backside. I HATE the new style.

Andy

jax

jax Report 6 Mar 2014 20:30

I have been using ancestry for the last 4 years always using the new search, never had a problem with it either.....so nothing has changed for me :-D

Joy

Joy Report 6 Mar 2014 20:57

I HATE the new style. :-(

jax

jax Report 6 Mar 2014 21:01

If this new style has been around for at least 4 years....surely it must have crossed your mind the old style would one day go?

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 6 Mar 2014 21:04

I preferred the old style but have got used to the one new one.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2014 10:48

Can't even remember what the old style looked like!!

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 7 Mar 2014 12:32

I have also stuck with the old search because i found the new search hard to adjust to but the new search has changes from when it was first introduced and now you can still get almost all the eliments of the old style search

If you go to the homepage and hover over the search tab, then select say

Birth, Marriage & Death, including Parish

Then on the right of that page it lists "Narrow by Category" and "Featured data collections"

You can select which individuel records collection to search from these menu's as you could with the old search, So not that different to the old search

It works the same for all searches listed under the search tab on the main page

If you don't search a specific Category/collection then it will give you results for all Category/collections which is why you would get loads of unwanted results

For info i have also posted this on Colette's thread on the Genealogy Chat board

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1338184

Roy