General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New to this site !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 14 Mar 2014 07:55

Hi Everyone.
I am new to this site and not finding it easy !? can someone tell me how I can look at family photos in peoples trees ? do i have to ask permission from everyone ? or is there an easier way . :-) .
Many thanks
Linda

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Mar 2014 08:34

Hi Linda and welcome.

You need to have a members permission before you can view their tree.

Prickles. :-)

As Linda is a new member i have sent her a PM.

Graham

Graham Report 14 Mar 2014 09:18

Not everyone will have photos attached to their tree. I don't have any on mine.

Welcome to GR :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Mar 2014 11:48

Hi Linda & Welcome :-D

Try the search box (on the main page) to look for relatives..... if you find a match, send a message. Give as much information as you know........ don't just ask "who did your John Brown marry?".

You may or may not get a response, many trees are owned by people who don't seem to look at the site any more.

You won't be able to see anyone else's tree unless they allow it.

Good luck :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 15 Mar 2014 14:34

My PM was opened ..........but no reply. :-(

I also gave advice on how to return to a thread, how to reply on a thread and how to suck eggs.

:-D

Edit:...Ooops!,.... just had a lovely reply from Linda.

Thank you Linda. :-)