General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Start family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roderick

Roderick Report 15 Mar 2014 04:28

I just bought a standard subscription to genes reunited is there any one out there that have Start family members in there treeif so please contacr meThank youha

Huia

Huia Report 15 Mar 2014 06:06

Hi there Roderick. No, I don't.

What country are you in? Or are you just unable to sleep up there in the UK?

I hope you will enjoy chatting on the boards.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Mar 2014 07:18

Welcome Roderick.

On the Main Page, there is a "Search" box........ try putting a name there and see if there any listed.

Good luck.

:-)

patchem

patchem Report 15 Mar 2014 07:30

Do you know when your family arrived in Alberta and have you got the names of your grandparents and great grandparents?

Thank-you

Huia

Huia Report 15 Mar 2014 08:00

I think Roderick is making a joke. Or is the joke on me? Are there really people with the surname Start?

patchem

patchem Report 15 Mar 2014 08:49

Huia,

Just enter surname Start into Search all trees.

Huia

Huia Report 15 Mar 2014 20:31

I have just looked in our phone directory. There is one. Then of course there is the person called Up Start!

Huia

Huia Report 15 Mar 2014 20:37

OK, I looked for Starts in the Search all trees, and there are quite a few, so the laugh is definitely on me. :-0

Good luck with your search Roderick, don't forget to come back to the chat boards when you have a bit of spare time.

Island

Island Report 15 Mar 2014 21:12

3,144 births on FMP.

Wend

Wend Report 15 Mar 2014 21:24

Come back Roderick - everyone's waiting to help you make a Start :-D

Graham

Graham Report 15 Mar 2014 22:05

Perhaps he is making a Start. That's why he's not here. ;-)

Roderick

Roderick Report 16 Mar 2014 00:57

We are a little at odds when it comes to sleep your going for supper and l'm going for breakfast. I live in Alberta Canada so we don't match up well for a chat

Roderick

Roderick Report 16 Mar 2014 00:58

Thanks for everyone's advice l'll see where it takes me