General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well it made me laugh.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2014 10:20

I am sure this will not be particularly unusual or amusing to most of you but I have as much contact with chickens as I do with children and this incident made me laugh.

My mates son, who was about three, maybe four, was lying face down on the floor, totally engrossed in his colouring, when he passed wind.

It was a magnificent one, one to be proud of but he wasn't proud. He was terrified of whatever had made the loud noise and ran behind the sofa crying.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Mar 2014 10:40

hahahahaha

I remember a friend's son, first time he was aware of "passing wind".. I think he was about three or four years old.

He put his hand over his bottom....... "MUM! My bottom coughed!:

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 16 Mar 2014 10:40

I seem to recall that you told a similar, but even worse, story about yourself once Sharron ;-) :-D

Wend

Wend Report 16 Mar 2014 10:41

LOL LadyScozz :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2014 10:46

The Fred's onion soup story Wend?

Wend

Wend Report 16 Mar 2014 10:52

It could've been Sharron . . . sniggers :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Mar 2014 10:52

I know that story, Sharron and it ain't pretty :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2014 10:56

I don't mind telling it again if that is what you are after.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Mar 2014 10:59

No it's ok although I'm sure some people will be wondering what it's all about.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 16 Mar 2014 11:04

I have nightmares about Himself & onion soup.

I don't make it very often......... for obvious reasons :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2014 11:22

This reminds me of something equally, if not more distasteful, that Fred told me in the light of my little mishap.

There was a woman ran a wool shop in Chichester and she was a particularly sour and unpleasant individual with no sense of humour and you know how people pick up their own little legend that follows them to the grave whether it be true or not.

The legend that attached to this particular woman, which you were duty bound to relate to whoever you were with whenever she passed by was this. Are you sitting comfortably?

It seems this woman had won a pleasure flight in a raffle. Bear in mind that this was the nineteen- thirties when pleasure flights were not what they are now. She wasn't keen but, despite her nervousness, didn't want to waste the opportunity.

Of course, we all know what nerves can do to the alimentary canal and the inevitable happened, unfortunately, at a time the pilot chose to loop the loop!

Legend has it that it came out round her neck!

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 16 Mar 2014 13:00

Nellie the elephant lost her trunk
And said goodbye to the circus.
Of she went with a trumpety trump
Trump trump trump

And that is main thing Nellie and all her friends remember. The wind behind her ears :-D ;-)

Janet

Janet Report 16 Mar 2014 15:28

...Nellie the elephant packed her trunk....

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 16 Mar 2014 16:19

Trumping is a politer word for letting off wind. That was what reminded me of Nellie. And we used to ask for a whisper when we wanted to pee, till I wanted to tell my dad a secret.

And he said "well, whisper in my ear first" :-0 :-0 :-0

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Mar 2014 01:20

Just for you John............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVWMZwALKyA

It's not quite the version I remember.

TrumpTrumpTrump :-D