General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gedcom Export-Keeping Genes Data

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2014 13:01

If I wish to export my Gedcom for proffessional printing, what information still remains on GenesReunited, and exactly what gets transferred? I understand by exporting you cannot take the saved censuses, documents and photos with you. I would like to export safely but keep growing my tree (and data) with Genesreunited. Many Thanks.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 31 Mar 2014 13:42

When you export your gedcom GR simply send you a copy as an attachment to your registered email address so your GR tree will not be affected, You are correct that things like photo's will not be transferred

see http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=449

Roy

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2014 19:10

Many thanks for your reply Porkie pie. I didnt find it clear enough on initial reading from the website. Having re-read your reply and viewed the faqs, I feel re-assured. Many Thanks again.