General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I know you wanted to know this!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Apr 2014 14:15

THIS weekend marked the 40th anniversary of ABBA’s win at the Eurovision Song Contest.

It was four decades ago on April 6, 1974, that the Swedish group won with their memorable song Waterloo and the audience at the 1,700-seat Brighton Dome had no idea how huge the Swedish group would become.

Waterloo topped singles charts all over Europe and the top 10 in the United States.

ABBA went on to record 90 songs and sold almost 400 million records becoming one of the most successful bands of all time.

The fab four - Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad - reached iconic status, with dozens of catchy hits including Mamma Mia, S.O.S, Dancing Queen, Knowing Me, Knowing You, One Of Us and Gimme Gimme Gimme.

Their albums also charted high and went gold and platinum in a number of countries.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 7 Apr 2014 14:59

Thank you for the music
The songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy there bringing
Who can live without it I ask in all honesty
What would life be without a song or a dance
What are we
So I say thank you for the music
for giving it to me.

Thanks Ann.....Emma

<3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Apr 2014 15:37

Blimey, are you sure, I don't remember missing that one. I was at a wedding - mine!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Apr 2014 15:43

Guess that was more important then Nameless one. Happy Anniversary.

Emma, love that song. Love Mama Mia as well.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Apr 2014 15:47

Thank you Ann.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 7 Apr 2014 16:00

Happy songs (mostly) & happy times Ann :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Apr 2014 21:24

Hi Ann :-) :-)

I absolutely love Abba! I used to kick start my karaoke parties by getting everyone to sing along to Abba to break the ice!

I remember that Eurovision Contest well! Little did I know when I watched them win, that I would find out so many years later that I have Swedish Blood :-D :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I189FF4SNGg

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Apr 2014 21:57

All Eurovision Song Contest Winners (1956-2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzwimcXdJ4

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 7 Apr 2014 22:13

Well if you love ABBA as much as I do, it comes across even better with some "Eye Candy". :-D :-D

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DVOMu-ScUI

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Apr 2014 22:26

:-D :-D :-D Budgie!