General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding a registry death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michelle

michelle Report 28 Apr 2014 17:07

I have been searching for a friend who went missing about 5 years ago. I have been told that he died about 3 years ago but I can not find any death rigistration for him. Is this normal. I have searched on many sites and there is only a birth for him.
Does anybody have any ideas as if he has passed my family would like to show our respects
thank you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Apr 2014 17:13

The death index which is online only goes up to 2006 or 2007 (depending on which website). You will not find such a recent death online anywhere.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Apr 2014 17:17

Unless you know the area he died so you can apply at the local records office ,then I,m afraid you won't find his death .

Not sure either what info a records office would want in order to do a search

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Apr 2014 17:23

If you know an area it may have appeared in a local newspaper.

also depends under what circumstances he went missing.?

michelle

michelle Report 28 Apr 2014 17:28

thank you all for your help I might try the local newspaper

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Apr 2014 17:34

http://www.iannounce.co.uk/

this site may be of help.just enter the name and see if it throws anything up.......if he died under circumstances then its unlikely to throw anything up/

michelle

michelle Report 1 Jun 2014 22:44

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you for your help Kay I have managed to find a brother who I have spoken with now and got all details i need.

Kind Regards

Michelle