General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mayday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 1 May 2014 09:50

The first day of summer and it's cloudy. Typical!

Now where's the maypole? :-S

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 May 2014 10:00

Don't know where your nearest maypole is, but there will be maypole dancing at our local primary school tomorrow.
The children throughout the school have voted for and chosen a May queen and king from year 6.

They, with their chosen attendants from each year group will over-see the celebrations.

Aren't we supposed to go out and wash our face in early morning dew today, ---or something like that?

Gwyn

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 May 2014 10:11

We used to have to dance round the maypole.

Even then I was a gurt clumsy lummock so I was in the middle with three other people, leaning against the pole to stop it being pulled over.

Suited me very well. I only wished I could pull off the same stunt for country dancing where I was usually paired up with the smallest boy in class and neither of us could remember the dance.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 May 2014 10:25

Lol, Sharron.
Local school has some strong 'holders' too.

Country dancing is an optional after-school activity here, so no forced pairings.

My girls both loved it.

Gwyn

Graham

Graham Report 1 May 2014 10:56

The local school is probably not the best place for a middle-aged man to spend the day ;-)
It's nice to see some old traditions are still being kept going though :-)

Graham

Graham Report 1 May 2014 11:27

It's nice to know that those kids are being taught a trade :-D