General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What Is The Point?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 1 May 2014 11:11

I saw a couple walking their dog along the towpath yesterday. The dog fouled the path; so the woman bagged up the dog poo. But she then left the bag on the side of the path. :-S Why bother bagging it up if you're going to leave it there anyway? :-S

There some woods owned by the National Trust a few miles from where I live. They have signs up telling people to use a stick to flick the dogs mess off the path. Then nature will run its course (without a bags hinderence).

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 1 May 2014 11:18

oh Graham you missed an opportunity there, to remind irresponsible woman of where dog poo should go, and we do have a law against such behaviour!!
Who does she think has to clean it up? :-|......but then again she probably doesn't think :-(

I know what I would have done....

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 1 May 2014 11:20

Our local council supply free bags for this purpose. Available from council offices and libraries.

I work in a library and hand out these bags every day.
In a wooded area nearby, the dog owners use the bags to pick up the mess, then rather than find the allocated bins, they throw the bags up into the trees.
It's vile!

Graham

Graham Report 1 May 2014 11:20

This is out in the countryside. So I doubt if any council street cleaners will be coming along anytime soon.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 May 2014 11:54

Our local beach has bags right at the path going to the beach!

Most people use them, and put the bags in the bin next to the path (special bin for poo).

A certain individual was NOT picking up his dogs' mess ..... you shouldn't do that if you're well known in the community, especially if you write for the local newspaper.

Many many letters to the editor, some of them were published.......... not sure if he now cleans up after the dogs, but we haven't seen him or the dogs for months...... maybe they've found another beach?

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 1 May 2014 14:36

young boy up the road to me thinks holding a bag in his hand is just for show
iv seen his dog poo in the street and he just stands and watch then walk on

i call after him one day and ask if he was holding the bag for the fun of it
also told him the head line in the local paper would look nice saying son of a road sweeper leaves dog poo on the pavement

he soon run back to pick it up

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 1 May 2014 16:12

A friend of mine had problems with poo from a neighbours pet. After putting up with it for weeks, he scooped it up, knocked on their front door and when they opened it tipped it on their brand new hall carpet suggesting as it was their animal, they might like to have it back.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 1 May 2014 18:13

irresponsible owners annoy me :-| I always bag and deposit. although there are some areas around trees etc I wonder why.
I think I would rather a poo be bagged and left than the poo itself, although even that bemuses me. What used to annoy me on our gravel carpark and on beaches is when the owners just boot gravel or sand over the poo and leaves it hidden. :-S not nice especially on beaches.
I can understand why so many beaches ban dogs although that is so unfair to the responsible owners and the dogs who like nothing more than an early morning frolic in the surf.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 May 2014 19:13

People walk their dogs in the New Forest, bag it up, then, unable to find a bin, leave it, bag and all!
Plastic bags are not only a danger to the ponies and other animals that roam the forest, they take forever to degrade.
In the New Forest, Dung beetles remove poo in next to no time.

Graham

Graham Report 1 May 2014 20:05

Somewhere where there are lots of ponies and other animals doing there bit a few dogs adding to it probably don't make a lot of difference. But why bag it up? Nature can clean up after itself much better without polythene bags being left everywhere.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 May 2014 22:19

That's my point, Graham :-D

There's a reason there are no 'poo' bins in the New Forest :-D